XIV. A Short Story

First of all, a big thanks to all my readers for being so supportive. And another thanks for your comments and votes. It means a lot to me that you've all stuck with me so far :D
Here's the next installation of 'Damaged Pieces'.
______________________________________

DAMAGED PIECES:

"Really, I'm trying to care, Artemis, really. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over."

Eoin Colfer
______________________________________

He was baffled. Why were these people attacking her? But, there hadn't been any time to think then. Sakura was strong. But how many could she have handled by herself? He had to help her. And he'd tried. But they were determined. They cornered her, three against one, and finally, managed to grab her and push her into a black van forcibly.
His struggle had left marks on him too. But his mind was too preoccupied to even think about that.

He recognized two of them. And they were accomplices in kidnapping Sakura. When he had taken their names, they'd been startled. Realization flashed across their faces and then a frenzy of crisp discussion later, they took him too.

He was thrown in a room after being unloaded from the van. He was not even blindfolded. There was no point afterall. He had already seen them. That wasn't what concerned him though.

"Where's Sakura?!" He snarled at the redhead.

He'd asked that about ten times already. No one spoke a word.
Of course, they didn't have to. They weren't obligated to answer him.

Her pleading, scared expression flashed before his eyes. She'd been trying to warn him. Had this been the reason? Had she known this would happen?
Bigger question was, why in the world would they kidnap Sakura in the first place?

... Just what the hell had he gotten himself into?

*

"Hold her down!"

"I'm trying, you idiot! Can't you tell she's strong?"

"She's a girl," he commented.

"Well, aren't we the sexist?"

He gave a glare that went unseen by his accomplice. His brow twitched in annoyance.

Sakura was giving them quite the fight. She was not going to go down easily.
"Let. Go!" She gritted through clenched teeth.

"Quiet, girl. You are trouble for us. We'll take care of you before they can even think about getting their hands on you."

Sakura glared and threw a kick straight into what she guessed was the man's stomach. She couldn't tell due to the low lighting. Her aim seemed to have been miscalculated in height when she heard the harsh yelp of pain and the loud 'ouch' exclaimed by the other two men in the room. She didn't have the time to smirk. She'd seen Sasuke being taken. She had to get out of here and to him.

But, they were more than she could handle. She struggled right up until they managed to pin her to the cold metal table and something sharp was injected into her left arm.

A needle. She cursed them before her fight left her.

"She's a fiesty one. They always make everything so difficult," she heard one of them comment.

She heard a machine being switched on. Fear ran amok in her body like a chemical, but her mouth couldn't open to yell for help.

And then came sharp, shooting agony through her entire body. She convulsed violently like a fish pulled out of water and thrown to the floor.
As sudden as it came, the pain sank. But, before relief could reach her, she heard the unmistakable buzz.
Horror coursed through each of her veins as she realized what they were doing to her.