~4~

(Okay like I said in the last post, that was a filler and this next chapter takes place about a week or so later. Enjoy!)

Twigs snapping underfoot.
Boys following behind, laughing and yelling.
She pushed herself to keep running.
She couldn't stop.

Sienna was playing a game of Cat and Mouse with the Lost Boys and Pan. She was the mouse, that was decided easily since she was new, and she had to stay away from all the Lost Boys. If one found her, she had to get away before they could get her to Pan.

She wasn't forced to play with them; actually she had asked if she could join. She wanted to be included. It was bad enough at home she was always excluded. That was another thing; she wanted to keep herself busy so she wasn't constantly thinking of home.

She was terribly homesick. She missed her parents and her siblings and her animals. She wanted to see them, and tried to ask Pan but he would conveniently forget how to listen to her thoughts.

She turned around a tree and quickly climbed it, knowing a Lost Boy was close by. She had quickly learned that the Lost Boys on NeverLand are nothing like the fairytales, and neither was Peter Pan. The Lost Boys were the toughest, cruelest, most awful boys you'll ever meet.

Pan was manipulative and cocky, if he was bored and you could entertain him, he would give you no choice but to entertain him. His magic was strong, as soon as you came close to him you could feel it. Sienna learned all this within the first two days of being on the island.

She wasn't the only girl, there was always Tinkerbell, but she wasn't one for company. The failed fairy lived in a little treehouse deep in the woods, and only left when she had to. The Lost Boys didn't mind her, they forgot she was even there most of the time. Tink was called a "failed" fairy because she had lost her wings and magic, which is why she now lived on NeverLand away from all the other fairies and pixies.

And, of course, there were the mermaids, but they were not a force to be reckoned with. They were all sirens; they sing and lure people over to the water then eat them. The lure didn't just work on the boys, it worked on anyone. Sienna was warned to never go to the lagoon in the middle of the island: that's where their magic was strongest.

Sienna heard rumors of another girl being on the island as well; Wendy Darling, but she was forbidden from ever asking about her. When she had, she got smacked across her face by Pan. She never once actually saw Wendy, but surely she had to be there if Pan had gotten so angry when she asked.

The Lost Boys called Pan by his last name rather than his first because it "dehumanized" him. Pan knew that, though he didn't care. He was happy to have the Lost Boys so scared of him. It kept them in line and loyal.

Felix, a tall lanky boy with messy blond hair was Pan's right-hand boy. If Pan was busy the Lost Boys would go to Felix with questions and such. He was on the quiet side, almost always sitting on a log in front of the large fire in the middle of camp. Sienna had taken a liking to Felix. He didn't even bother trying to talk to her, which was great. He was also very patient; if Sienna did need to communicate with him, he'd take time to read whatever she wrote in the dirt.

"I see you!" A boy yelled up the tree, pointing an arrow up there. Sienna snapped out of her daydream (of home, of course) and jumped down the other side of the tree and ran. As long as she was running the Lost Boys couldn't injure her. Another boy popped out of some shrubbery in front of her and grabbed her by her shoulders.

Her mouth opened in a silent scream, though she wasn't hurt or anything. The boy laughed and with help from the other, lifted her up and carried her to camp. She couldn't sign to them because of the way they were carrying her.

Finally, she had managed to teach them the alphabet at least. Some knew better than others, but it was still difficult to communicate with them. The two boys brought her to the heart of the camp where Pan (and Felix, of course) were sitting by the fire. "We got her!"

(Leave me some feedback!!)