~6~

Sienna was put to work quickly. Felix sent her to go with another boy and get a few buckets of fresh water from the lake. As soon as she was given orders she cringed, expecting a hard time trying to explain to the boy what she needed to do. She'd get the water herself, she was used to being independent and making things easier for herself, but she didn't know her way around.

She looked around then headed towards a boy who wasn't busy at the moment. Tapping his shoulder, she was ready to write out on the ground what she wanted.

"Yeah- oh, you're the girl who signs, right?" Latchboy smiled at her.

She nodded slowly.

"Oh cool! I had a friend who signed. I still remember some stuff." He told her, then signed out his name.

Her eyes widened and she smiled

"Are you deaf or are you mute?" He asked her. The entire time he spoke he faced her, and spoke slow enough so she could read his lips.

She gave him the sign for mute, grinning slightly.

"Your whole life? Aw man, that sucks..."

She shrugged, shifting her weight around ok her feet, teetering back and fourth.

"Oh, you probably needed something, that's why you came over here. Right, so how can I help you?"

'Need your help'

She signed, motioning for him to follow. She picked up a couple buckets and gestured to them.

"Uh...bucket. Do they need to be filled with anything?"

She nodded.

'Water'

She signed. He nodded again and grabbed a few buckets then proceeded to head to the lake. They didn't communicate much on the way there. Latchboy kept getting distracted by absolutely anything; animals, weird looking trees, anything. Sienna started to think maybe they would never make it to the lake.

(Latchboy POV) [Keep in mind, this is the mind of a lost boy...]

It was kinda hard to have a conversation while her hands were full, since she used her hands to talk. She seems really cool and she's really pretty... But don't tell Pan that. I wonder why Pan is keeping her here. Girls, when they're mistakenly brought here by Shadow, are usually sent back right away, or...killed. I can't ask Pan why Sienna is being kept around, because Pan gets angry when we question him. Sienna is really pretty. I kept staring at her while we walked,  but any time she looked at me I pretended to be looking at something else. Because of that, it took us a while to get there and back. 

When we got back she seemed a bit tired. 

"Are you okay? I'll take over for you, if you'd like..." I put my buckets down and took hers from her so she could sign. 

No no, I'm okay, thank you 

She signed. She headed towards one of the tents. Felix, Rufio, and Ace stay in there. I stay in my tent with Devin and Nibs. Bricks has his own tent, but it's the armory tent because we had nowhere else to let him sleep. I helped her carry the other buckets in. 

(3rd person POV)

When Sienna got into the tent she saw blood. She cringed at the sight of it and put the buckets down. Felix gave her a nod as he dipped a rag into one of the buckets and used it to clean Rufio's wound. 

"Thank you, you can go." He muttered, his voice evident that he was focusing. 

Sienna nodded then went back outside, where she saw Latchboy leaning against a tree. 

"Hey, Sienna, lets go for a walk," He grinned. 

Sienna signed the letter o and then k and grinned. She walked over to him. 

Lead the way

She signed to him, then could see the confusion written across his face. She spelt it out for him. 

"L...e...a...d...lead...t...h...e...the...w...a...y. Oh, lead the way. Lead the way to what?" He had already gotten distracted. 

Sienna smiled slightly thinking he was messing around with her, but no, he had already forgotten. He was good for that. He wasn't trusted to do anything in camp. He loses track of what he's doing when he's on patrol, he gets bored too easily when standing guard, and he's too loud to hunt. He's just kept around for the others to practice on during training, and to help make and sharpen weapons. 

None of the boys told him this. 

{Next chapter will be a filler chapter, and almost entirely in Latchboy's point of view!}