~7~

(Latchboy POV)

-Flashback-

"Hey! Get yer a$s over 'ere!" Pan shouted across the busy camp.

Latchboy ran over, trying not to get in the way of the people making weapons, cleaning the catches from hunting and sparring together. "Yes, Pan?"

"What the f-ck were you thinking?! Why on earth do you think it would be a good idea to interrupt the others while they were hunting?! We're going to starve if you keep it up!"

This wasn't true, Pan knew they wouldn't actually starve, he just wanted to make him feel bad.

"I'm sorry Pan," the boy mumbled, tilting his head down, "I didn't mean to interrupt them. But I thought we were under attack. I thought I was helping."

"Helping?! Helping?! What was so important that you had to run over to Devin and Felix and make them miss their shots?!" Pan snapped, anger lacing his voice.

"I thought...I thought the mermaids were attacking." Latchboy's voice got quieter as he realized how dumb he sounded.

"Ohh... I swear to Hades, you're gonna be the death of us."

"But Pan, I-"

"Get out of my face! Or I swear, I will kill you!"

Latchboy ran off and into his tent. Devin was in there waiting for him.

"Are you kidding me?! You're a f*cking moron!"

-End of Flashback-

(3rd Person POV)

Latchboy and Sienna had fun at the lake, signing and talking to each other, both of them laughing. Pan had noticed their absences, and went to find them. He watched them together for almost 2 hours. Although he couldn't understand Sienna's part of the conversation, he could tell by her facial expressions that she was clearly having a good time with Latchboy.

"An' what are you two doing?" His British accent boomed as he revealed himself.

Turning around, Sienna just smiled.

"Oh, hey Pan. We're just talking," he shrugged, "why? Am I needed?"

"Yes," Pan nodded, "Sienna, stay here. Latchboy, let's go."

Sienna waved to Latchboy then closed her eyes, listening to the sounds around her. She had very good hearing to make up for her lack of speech.

(Lost Boy POV)

Pan told us something big was going to happen, and to gather around in the forest 500 feet east of his thinking tree. We were all waiting, then suddenly Pan and Latchboy appeared in a puff of green smoke.

"Hey! What the hell, man?! We could've just walked." Latchboy yelped as soon as he was aware of his surroundings.

"Let's play a game," Pan smirked, "We sword fight. Whoever loses their sword or simply loses the energy to continue first loses."

"Okay...what are the stakes?" Latchboy questioned.

"You win, you can continue to see Sienna."

"Okay, but what if-"

"I win and you die." He said cockily.

A chorus of "OOOOHHHHH"s came from the whole crowd of Lost Boys.

"What?! No! I don't want to fight! What's wrong with me talking to Sienna?!"

"You're ruining my plan!" He flared up.

(3rd Person POV)

"Ready...aaannnddd...fight!" Felix, Pan's second-in-command shouted, and all the lost boys watched as Pan and Latchboy took fighting stances, and stared each other down.

Latchboy was good as dead, they all knew, but if he died fighting, he would die with pride, rather than be remembered as a coward. Latchboy took the first swing, knowing this fight was just for Pan's entertainment and prolonging his death.

Snickering, Pan ricocheted Latchboy's sword with his own. "You'll have to try harder than that." He sneered knowing that none of the Lost Boys could win against him. He was an immortal with magic, after all.

"I'm tryin', I'm tryin'!" Latchboy sighed, leaning and swinging at Pan's feet to try to make him lose balance.

That idea backfired on him because all too easily Pan pinned him down and held his sword against his neck.

"You were a sore excuse for a Lost Boy and I don't even know how you survived for as long as you did." He mocked.

Suddenly, a few Lost Boys shifted and looked around awkwardly as Sienna came into view.

Latchboy bit his lip, "Don't watch, Sienna, this should have happened long ago. Trust me."

Sienna shook her head then signed something.

"No, it's no use. Besides, Pan's right. I-"

"Actually," Pan cut in, "I think we may have a change of plans. Looks like you can be useful for something." He was more-so thinking aloud than addressing Latchboy. He stood and let him up, "Come with me."

(I updated 😊. Special shoutout goes to @/oh.my.robbie on ig because she legit typed up half of this chapter from a notebook I sent her a picture of 😂)