Chapter 3

Katie's POV

I think I caught him checking me out a few times but I was doing the same thing. He was tall and muscular, maybe he worked out. His dirty blond hair had been trained up and it complimented his jaw line perfectly. He had a slight tan and perfect lips that looked like they would be fun to kiss. What's wrong with me why did I just think that!? He's so handsome how could he possibly be interested in someone like me?

It was around 2am when Cali finally came back with Shane. Her lips were puffy and her hair was slightly messed up like she had tried to fix it. Her and Shane had undoubtedly been making out. When she asked if I was ready to go Cody cut me off. "Actually I was hoping to walk her home, if that's ok with you Katie?" he asked questionably. I replied by nodding while staring at my feet and blushing. When I did both Cali and Shane made aww sounds in sync, which only made me blush harder. "Well Shane's taking me home now." Cali said, then turned to me "I'll be waiting for you when you get home." "Thanks Cal" I say then watched them turn and leave.

"You want to go home or stay a little longer" Cody asks, snapping me out of whatever trance I'd fallen into. I surprised myself by saying "Actually I'd like to stay a while longer." Why had I said that I don't even like parties? Cody give me a questioning look, "I thought you didn't like parties." I simply reply "YOLO!" He laughs "Ok if you're going all YOLO on me, you want a drink" "why not, they got any daiquiris?" " I know how to find out" he then proceeds to grab my hand and lead me to the bar.

After a drink and some dirty dancing we decide it was time to go home. We walked the 6 blocks to Cali's house hand in hand. I shivered and when I did Cody slipped his jacket off and slung it around my shoulders. He is sooo cute! When we finally got back to Cali's we just stood there staring at each other not really knowing where to go from there. Cody broke the awkward silence by asking for my number. I was a little embarrassed to pull out my flip phone (that was all I could afford) so we could exchange numbers but I did anyway. He didn't seem to judge it and that was a relief. I couldn't help but notice he had an IPhone 4, pretty old but it was better than mine. After exchanging numbers he turned to leave but stopped "See you at school?" he asked and I replied "That and I'll text you!" At this he smiled and turned. As I watched him walk away I wondered if we could ever work.

Looks like someone is starting to have fantasies! :)

Question: Have you ever met someone important in an unexpected place?

My answer: Yes, I met my best friend in a bathroom.