Chapter 8

Cody's POV

It was about half an hour into my shift when my phone dinged.

Katie: Hey don't mean to bother you but I left my bag at your house. Btw this is Katie

Damn. That was bad. I instantly begin contemplating how to get her bag back to her without my Aunt and Uncle finding out I was ever hanging out with her.

Cody: I know who you are silly :P Don't you remember exchanging numbers the night I met you?

Katie: Yea I remember... I guess i'm just tired. But anyways I really need to get my bag back from you. I have homework in it that's due tomorrow.

What to do what to do? Hey that's right! My Aunt and Uncle were going out to eat tonight! That's how I'll get it to her, yeah.

Cody: Tell you what. I get off work at 8pm. meet me in front of my house at 8:30 and I can get you your bag.

She doesn't reply. How is she suppose to get her bag if she doesn't reply to me?

Cody: Hey?

Katie: Yea sorry... I was coming up with an excuse to tell my Dad so that he will let me leave the house.

Cody: Oh really? What'd you come up with?

Katie: I'm going to buy him some beer...

Cody: lol that always works :P

Katie: Yeah...

Cody: Are you ok?

Katie: I'll tell you later.

Cody: Ok well I'm going to get back to work... See you at 8:30

Katie: yea see you then.

I wonder what was wrong?

After I get off my shift I walk to my house and find Katie leaning against the light pole in front of my house. As soon as she sees me she smiles. I love it when she smiles, it's so pretty. "Ready to get your bag?" I ask chuckling. She punches me, "Duh I'm ready to get my bag, why do you think I'm standing here?" "I don't know maybe you're stalking me." I joke. She smirks evilly "If I was stalking you you wouldn't know it... I'm better than that." I laugh and tell her to hold on while I run in and get her bag. While inside I decide that I have to make her mine... Tonight.

 I walk back outside with her bag, she goes to grab it but I pull it away. "Hey!" She complains then proceeds to pout. She is so adorable with her big puppy-dog eyes. I take a deep breath, "You can get your bag back if you'll be my girlfriend." She pauses for a moment the smiles evilly. "And if I say no?" "Then you'll never get your bag back I guess." I reply. She thinks for a moment, "Then I guess I have to say yes now don't I?" She's wearing that beautiful smile of hers so I know she would have said yes even without me withholding her bag from her. I toss her bag to her. "So you said you had to buy your Dad some beer?" I question. Her smile disappears. "Yeah..." My poor angel, I hate seeing her sad. "You what to tell me about it while I walk you to the store?" She sighs, "Might as well. Now that we're dating I guess you should know what's wrong with me." She says dejected. "It's ok you can trust me." I smile sympathetically at her. She grabs my hand and we begin to walk to the store.