Chapter 2

Moi-Moi: Hello again Pokéfans everywhere! :D Welcome back. It means a lot that you enjoyed the first chapter so much that you clicked the "Next" button. So, thank you for the support. I really feel like this story is turning into one of the better ones that I'll write. It's got a decent plot (if I do say so myself), nice characters, and (hopefully) descriptive enough language that I can at least sketch out a mental image for you guys. (Seriously working on my descriptive language skills here. ^.^')

I thought about it and I actually miss the little Pokémon Trivia I had at the beginning of Poké Adventures. I was learning new things all the time that I'd never known about Pokémon before. So, why not continue?

What Pokémon used ten different moves in one episode?

Unbelievable right? Everyone else is limited to four moves, but this Pokémon got ten just to make it seem unstoppable.

~:~

Today, we find Alena trekking through the forest with her little sister, Anya, on their way to Fortree City. Given her first Pokémon by Nurse Joy, she just became one step closer to becoming a Top Coordinator.

"Okay. So I was up late last night mapping out our journey. I have everything all planned out. We're gonna head to Fortree City first and then down to Mauville City so I can compete in the Mauville Contest. Then, there's the Slateport Contest..." Alena trailed off while holding out a town map before her. Anya let her eyes gaze at the forest around them instead. She saw two Oddish scurry across the path ahead of them just before a Linoone peaked out from some grass to watch them curiously before ducking away.

"Alena, look at all these Pokémon. I didn't know they'd be everywhere," Anya commented.

"Yeah. This is their home. Forests have a lot more Pokémon than back home. We'll see lots of Pokémon here," Alena informed her sister. "In fact, I'm gonna catch one."

Anya raised a brow in curiosity at her sister before shrugging. "Maybe you'll catch a cute one so you can get rid of your Treecko," Anya mused.

"Anya," Alena frowned. "I'm not getting rid of Treecko. Just because you don't think he's cute doesn't mean that he isn't."

"Yeah, sure," Anya brushed her off while clasping her hands behind her head.

Alena frowned before taking out Treecko's Pokéball. She released him before turning to Anya expectantly. "Anya, Treecko is apart of our team now. We have to all get along. Okay? Why don't you two try to get along?" Alena smiled hopefully.

Anya grimaced down at the green reptile, but Treecko didn't respond. Instead, the Grass type leaped into a nearby tree before lounging in the shade of the branches against the tree trunk. "How rude," Anya commented before stalking ahead.

"Well you insulted him first. I'm sure if you just apologize, he'll come around. Right, Treecko?" Alena smiled up at her Pokémon encouragingly. A plump sweat drop formed at her temple when Treecko yawned softly before shutting his eyes for a snooze.

"Rude," Anya singsonged.

Alena released a breath that blew her bangs out of her eye. Anya wasn't going to make this easier for her and Treecko was stubbornly indifferent. "Treecko, what do you say we catch a Pokémon?" Alena asked her Pokémon with a hopeful smile. Treecko peered down at her with one eye, but didn't move. Alena procured her Pokédex from her back pocket before scanning Treecko with it. "The Pokédex says that you know the moves Pound and Leer. Okay, Treecko. Let's go find our first opponent," Alena said before jogging ahead.

Treecko watched her go before slowly rising and following after his Trainer by leaping on tree branches. He was reserving judgement about the girl. She seemed nice enough, but whether or not she would be a good enough Trainer was left to be seen. Treecko knew that she was a "Coordinator", but he wasn't sure what that meant for him. "Look. A Poochyena," Treecko heard Alena say to her sister.