Chapter 4

Moi-Moi: So, I have to ask... What does everyone think of Alena? I know that a lot of people on fan fiction.net liked her I was curious as to how Alena is being received by everyone here on Wattpad. Do you guys like Alena as a character or nah? I mean, I'm not gonna change her character now. It's too late for that, but it would be good to know for future reference when designing a character.

And now for the answer to the last Pokémon trivia. It was the Water type! Yep. Misty, Crasher Wake, Siebold, Marlon, Cress, Juan, and Wallace are the seven notable Trainers who all specialize in the Water type. Other types, like Fighting, have six notable Trainers. But none beat Water. For your next question,

What is the heaviest Pokémon recorded so far?

Honestly, I guessed this one wrong twice before I had to look it up. I was surprised and yet not surprised by the answer.

~:~

Last time, our heroes had just arrived in Mauville City only days before the Mauville Contest. Now, we find Alena doing some last minute preparations with her Pokémon on the morning of the Contest.

Alena took several deep breaths of the cool, morning air. She stretched her arms up above her head before bringing them in with a slow exhale. She was standing on some grass behind the Pokémon Center with her Pokémon. Finally, she opened her eyes to look down at them. Treecko stared off to the side while keeping an ear trained on Alena. Absol sat in between Treecko and Electrike while staring up at Alena with a patient gaze. Electrike was actively gnawing away at his side before suddenly giving up on it and quickly dashing around in a circle. After several seconds of Electrike's high speed dashing and barking, Absol stuck her front leg out into his path. Electrike butted into her leg before somersaulting backwards and flopping onto the grass. He blinked slowly in a daze as if asking, "What just happened?" Alena giggled a bit before helping Electrike sit up next to Absol.

"Electrike!" Electrike yipped before licking at Alena's palm happily.

"Today's the day, guys. It's our first Contest. We've worked hard on our own and with Winona. Let's go out there and do our best. Okay? Absol, I'm counting on you," Alena said while patting the Dark type's head.

"Absol," Absol replied with a smile and nod.

"Good. I'm sure that there will be tons of experienced Coordinators today... like Drew..." Alena said, her voice trailing off.

Treecko frowned while shooting Alena a side glance. "Treecko," he urged. Alena raised a brow at her Pokémon, but didn't speak. She stared into Treecko's large, yellow eyes as he gave her a long, hard stare. After several seconds, she nodded once. Treecko relaxed and folded his arms over his chest in acceptance. If Alena needed to be reminded to remain calm and focused before every Contest, then so be it. Treecko could see the potential his Trainer had. He was confident in what they could accomplish together. But they could only do it if she stayed focused.

"You ready, Absol?" Alena grinned.

"Absol!"

Not exactly sure what was happening, Electrike began to quickly dash around Alena while excitedly barking, "Electrike! Electrike!"

"Sure, Electrike. Maybe next time you can be in the Contest. But, I want you to sit with Anya this time," Alena said while grabbing Electrike by his hips. Even after he had been picked up off the ground, the Electric type continued to run on air with his small paws in quick, charged movements. Alena shook her head at his hyperactivity before standing with him in her arms. It was almost 9:30. The time had come.

~:~

"Hello and welcome to the Mauville City Contest! I'm your host, Vivian!" a woman with blue eyes and orange hair that was curled at the end said into a microphone. She wore a pink dress, white gloves, and a wide smile as she stood in the center of the battlefield on the Contest Hall stage. The lights in the Contest Hall had been dimmed and a lone spotlight shone down on Vivian.