Epilogue

Moi-Moi: You guys did it! You stuck it out with me through this entire ride! I'm so proud of you guys. :D You waited "patiently" for me to get the lead out. I want to apologize for taking so long. The motivation just wasn't there. :-/

So, let's tie a bow on this one and put it to rest. Shall we?

~:~

She still loved sunrise more than any other time of day. She'd changed a lot over her journey, but some things would always remain constant. However, there were some minor changes to other aspects of her life. Instead of having a delightful sea breeze flooding her home early in the mornings, the mornings were still and silent. That is, it was until everyone started waking up for the day.

"Manec! Manectric!"

Alena held her pitcher of lemonade steadily as she froze in place. She let Manectric zip by before continuing on to the table. As she was pouring out three glasses of lemonade, Alena heard Anya yelling down at her from upstairs.

"Alena! Have you seen the towel I use to dry off Togepi!? I can't find it!"

"It's in the wash!" Alena replied.

"Thank you!"

Finishing up with the third glass, Alena placed it down onto the table before returning the pitcher to the refrigerator. While she was doing this, she heard her father's low muttering as he entered the room. "Morning, dad," she greeted with a smile.

"Morning, sweetheart. Have you seen the blueprints I was working on? I had them in my office, but I can't find them now," Isaac explained.

"I haven't seen them. But if you left them in a mess again, Altaria probably cleaned them up for you," Alena said. Isaac sighed loudly before leaving the room. Alena tried to stifle her laughter.

At sound of the doorbell chiming, Alena closed the fridge door before going to answer the door. When Manectric zipped through the house yet again, Alena skillfully dodged him without any hesitation. Pulling the front door open, Alena smiled brightly at her guest.

"Morning, Sunshine," Alex greeted brightly.

"Good morning, Alex. This is a surprise. Congratulations on winning the Ever Grande Conference. I saw the whole thing on TV," Alena said and stepped to the side. "Not to be rude, but what are you doing here? I figured that you'd be home celebrating."

Alex entered the home before saying, "Thanks. To answer your question, I was home. But, I left again."

"Why did you leave?" Alena asked with a puzzled frown.

"Since I won the Ever Grande Conference, I get to challenge the Elite Four. Before I do that, I want to get some intense training done. So, I decided that I'm going to head back to Ever Grande City while I train. There's a cave on the island where a lot of Trainers go to do serious training," Alex explained.

"I get it. Then I wish you good luck and thanks for letting me know. But a phone call would have done the trick," Alena teased.

"I know that. But, I couldn't have a battle with you over a phone call," Alex explained. Alena's face spelled surprise. "What do you say, Sunshine? Can I have a battle before I start my training? I'm really psyched to see what you and your Pokémon can do."