Chapter 14

Moi-Moi: Hey guys! I know what you're thinking... Okay maybe not. But, I know what I'M thinking! "Why is Wallace the Sootopolis Gym Leader? It's supposed to be Juan!" There is a simple explanation for that... I like Steven as Champion better. Since Steven is the Hoenn region Champion (for all my intents and purposes), Wallace has to be the Sootopolis Gym Leader.

And now it's time for the big reveal! Axew, Bagon, Dratini, Dragonair, Druddigon, Fraxure, Goodra, Goomy, Haxorus, Shelgon, and Sliggoo and the only pure Dragon types we know of so far.

~:~

The sun is shining down on Alena and Anya as their ferry quickly approaches the port at Sootopolis City. Alena is bursting with excitement at the thought of meeting Wallace, a Contest Master.

"Look at it, Alena! I've never seen a town built into a volcano before," Anya mused while pointing ahead of them towards where Sootopolis City was nestled upon a dormant volcano.

"It seems like a dangerous way to live," Alena mused. "But the city looks so big."

"Some people probably aren't as afraid of a little danger as you are," Anya teased Alena lightly with a grin. Alena rolled her eyes at Anya before pushing her away playfully.

Once the girls had touched down onto the docks, they took in the sights around them. Sootopolis City had a simple, yet elegant flair about it. The buildings were mostly white and styled like rounded squares and rectangles- a very simple design. But it seemed to work to increase the city's beauty.

"Come on, Alena!" Anya shouted as she took off. Rather than lag behind as usual, Alena was right on her sister's heels as she laughed loudly. Not many people were around to see the pair running and laughing in the streets.

The Sootopolis Gym was a light blue, rectangular building with elegant arches for all main entryways and a dark blue roof. The elegance of the building would have made it easy to mistake it for a five-star restaurant. "Wow. This is the nicest Gym I've ever seen," Anya remarked as she examined the Gym from all sides.

"Let's go inside," Alena suggested. Before the girls could enter however, a tall and slender man exited the Gym. Alena's eyes widened in stunned awe. "You... You're Wallace, the Contest Master!" Alena exclaimed.

The turquoise-haired man's eyes widened in surprise before a grin slowly slid onto his face. "It would appear that I have some fans in my midst," Wallace commented.

"Um... Hi. M-my name is Alena and this is my sister, Anya," Alena stuttered with a growing blush.

"I like your cape. Is it a part of your top or is it separate?" Anya questioned while standing on her toes to get a better view of Wallace's clothing. Wasn't he hot in that long sleeved shirt and cape?

Wallace chuckled lightly before smiling down at the girls. "What can I do for you young ladies?" Wallace questioned.

"I was actually hoping to get some of your advice and opinion on my Pokémon. I'm a Coordinator as well, but I only have five Ribbons right now. And... I also wanted to have a Contest battle with you, if you don't mind," Alena said while staring directly into Wallace's turquoise eyes.

"I see... I have a better idea. I'm judging an unofficial Pokémon Contest that's happening in town today. In fact, I was just on my way over there. I don't think that registration has closed yet. Why don't you enter it? It will give me a chance to observe your Pokémon as well as give you a bit more experience," Wallace suggested.

"Sure! Thank you so much for telling me," Alena answered. It wasn't what she originally had in mind, but it would work for her. An unofficial Contest meant that she could get some more practice without the worry of a Ribbon being on the line (not that she needed one anyways). "I'll enter it with my Feebas."