Chapter Three - Panic and A Disco

Hi everyone, sorry I didn't realize how short this chapter was, the next one will probably be short as well. But hey, at least it was up in a decent amount of time! Thank you everyone for reading, hope you like it. - Alex

Rachel was pacing back and forth in her oracle cave, waiting for the Romans and hunters to arrive.

She had already managed to convince her parents that she had been invited to a prestigious Ivy League British high school, and that the school put a big stress on etiquette. And, of course, her parents had agreed, hoping that their wayward daughter would become more a better lady if she spent time around proper British people. Somehow, with a name like Hogwarts, Rachel doubted it. But even with the apparent smooth success of plans, one thought pounded through her head; Everyone, everyone else who was going had a legit reason, but not her. She was NOT a demigod.

Rachel, could not understand, for the life of her, why Apollo wanted to send her somewhere she was guaranteed to make a fool of herself. She clapped her hands as she went into her kitchen, and the celestial chrome lights along the wall flickered on.

Walking up to her celestial chrome fridge, she wrenched open the cool handle, grabbing an apple before slamming the gleaming door shut.

The apple was tossed in the air before being bitten, and Rachel continued to pace the length of her cave.

Why, WHY, was she included in this trip? She had tried a million different scenarios in her head, and all had come to the same conclusion. She wasn't magic. So how could she possibly go to this magic school?

Rachel was so focused on her thoughts that she didn't notice her coffee table, until she ran into it, that is.

"Ouch!" Rachel gave the table a death glare, furious with it. Celestial chrome hurt! She stomped in annoyance back to her bed, collapsing on it. Giving her tortured brain a rest, she stared emptily at the glimmer of light reflecting off her celestial chrome headboard.

Okay, time out. I guess we better explain the celestial chrome. See, non magic mechanics or metals wouldn't work well with the magic in the camp, and magic metals could be dangerous. They had made do with stainless steel, until Leo came along. He informed her that bronze wasn't "classy" enough for the cave, and gold was too "flashy." Not that Rachel would have wanted the harsh glare of that much gold anyway. So Leo decided they needed a solution, he took it up with Hephaestus and Apollo, and walla! Celestial chrome is born.

Rachel's foot wasn't sure it appreciated it.

She sighed and stared at the ceiling, knowing what was more important now was what, not why. Should she go to the school and try? Risk looking like a fool? Or should she back out now?

"Ugh," she groaned at the ceiling.

"Rachel!" A shout reached her.

She jerked her head up. "Are they here?"

"The Romans and the hunters are here!"

Rachel leapt to her feet, hurrying outside.

Annabeth was already gone.

"Thanks, Annabeth," Rachel muttered. The distressed redhead then followed at a sprint, heading to the Big House and guaranteed mess that was about to ensue.

...

Hazel was NOT having a good day. She was finding herself feeling trapped in New Rome. Even though it had loosened up since joining with Camp Half-blood, it still felt too stiff. She longed to be in a place to use her creativity, to make something of her life - of her second chance. Instead of being thrilled about this trip, she was terrified. She had only been out of the country twice, hated airplanes, and every time she thought of Europe she remembeted Giants and Prophecies. Worst of all, Hazel was growing apart from her boyfriend.