Chapter Five - The Hearing

Hi everyone! This chapter is a little longer, as promised, although still not great. It's kinda choppy, but it was fun to write! Please comment what you think! Love you all! - Alex

Reyna was pacing across the room she shared with the other girls, the floorboards creaking beneath her feet. It was surprisingly large, able to fit all the girls. Must be more wizarding magic. Not all of them had bothered looking at the supplies list yet, but unsurprisingly, she had. That wasn't what she was nervous about though. Today was the day they were supposed to go see the trial. Annabeth figured that this might be part of the government cover up, but Reyna wasn't sure.

      Just then, Annabeth sat up screeching her head off about cursed cows, and Reyna's peace was shattered.

      After everyone was up and dressed in their nicest casual clothes, and Jason had stumbled around rubbing the back of his neck, (Leo had blown up his pillow,) and Percy convinced Nico not to kill Leo for giving him an exploding love letter, they finally trudged downstairs for breakfast. When they reached the dinning room, Reyna stopped and looked around. They had been given a time to leave by, but Reyna didn't know what time Audrey would get here, and she had some questions. However, with slight disappointment, she registered that they were the only ones there, and the cheerful witch was nowhere to be found.

      Sighing, she sat down between Alli and Piper and ordered a bacon omelet, getting dirty looks from Piper and Alli, both vegetarians. They had managed to convince Hazel and Annabeth to join them, but Reyna couldn't give up bacon.

      "I love bacon," came a matter of fact voice from behind them. Reyna jumped and turned around. Audrey was standing behind them smiling, no, not creepily, not at all. Reyna noticed she was wearing the same scarf as before, yellow and black. Apparently Annabeth noticed it too.

      "What does the scarf mean?" Annabeth asked. "The colors."

      Audrey looked down. "Oh, I'm a Hufflepuff," she replied. "One of the Hogwarts houses," she added, in response to the blank looks of the demigods.

      "You're a house?" Jason asked, bewildered.

      Audrey smiled again. Reyna wondered if it was possible to irritate her. "Hogwarts is divided into four school houses, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." Audrey wrinkled her nose. Hmm, so it is possible, thought Reyna. "You will be sorted into your houses when you get there."

      "You mean we will be in separate houses?!" Percy exclaimed, glancing apprehensively at Annabeth.

      "Well, yes, most likely," Audrey chirped. "Well, come on, don't want to be late."

      Grumbling and groaning, the demigods followed her out to the busy London streets, the bright sun piercing at them after the gloominess of the inn.

      To Reyna's dismay, Audrey again threw out her wand arm and summoned the Knight Bus. Sighing, Reyna boarded with the rest, and finally stepped out with relief in a London back alley in front of a glorious... telephone booth.

       The demigods all stared. "Umm... are you sure this is the right place?" Annabeth asked tentatively.

       "Of course!" Audrey cried, then frowned for the first time. "Although, I don't see how we can get you all down at once..." she trailed of uncertainly. Reyna groaned internally. Were all Ministry members this incompetent? A moment later, Audrey had a solution. "We'll go in groups of five," she announced, and you'll just have to wait for me down there."

      "Down?" Jason interrupted. "What do you mean, down? Where are we going?" He demanded.

      "Do you mean the Ministry of Magic is underground?" Hazel asked hopefully.