Chapter Nine and Three Quarters - Platform What?

Hello again! I just checked the views, and I am so excited to have made it past two hundred! That may not seem like a lot, but it means a great deal to me that anyone is interested enough to keep reading this story. I am updating much more continuously now, as I hope you may have noticed, and I hope to keep this up! Please enjoy this aptly named chapter and leave a comment! Love you all! -Alex

"Platform what? There is no such thing."
      The demigods all began arguing with each other. Finally, Annabeth calmed them down, and turned back to Audrey. "Are you sure that is correct?"
      Audrey smiled at her. "Of course it is! It hasn't been that long since I went to school. I still remember the platform number. Just follow me!"
      The demigods cautiously trailed after her and ended up in front of a brick wall. "What do we do now?" Percy asked.
      Audrey laughed. "Simply run at the wall and don't stop until you reach the other side."
      The demigods all shared sceptical looks. None of them were particularly eager to try it. Except for Leo, of course.
      "Seems legit!" he piped up, then charged the wall. And disappeared.
      "Awesome!" James cried, and followed at a sprint. The others shrugged and ran at the wall as well.
      Alli was one of the last across, and when she made it, she slowed down to take in the scene. There were people everywhere, students, parents, siblings, pets, the noise was overwhelming. Alli haunched her shoulders and followed the rest towards the gleaming scarlet engine, eager to escape the pandemonium out here, she was so eager, however, that she wasn't as careful as she usually was, and was almost bowled over by a large shaggy black dog. "Padfoot! Watch out!" someone hissed. Alli stumbled and hurried on her way.
      Finally, she clambered onto the train after her friends, and joined them in searching for a seat. Before long, Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Jason, Leo, Calypso, Frank, and Hazel shoved themselves in an empty compartment. A little while after that, the rest of them found a compartment with only two people, who introduced themselves as Terry and Michael. When the other kids piled in, however, Alli realized there was no room left for her. When Reyna saw this, she immediately stood up. "I'll come with you-"
      "No," Alli cut her off. "I'll be fine." She spun around and dashed off down the aisle. After several full compartments Alli was still trudging along with her head down, feeling desperately uncomfortable. So when she found one that was empty except for a dotty looking blonde girl wearing a bottle cap necklace, she entered eagerly.
      She sat down cautiously, but it seemed the girl was more than willing to have company. "Hello," the girl said dreamily. "I haven't seen you around before."
      Alli shifted uncomfortably. "This is my first year."
      "You look a little old to be a first year." The girls big blue eyes seemed to hold on to Alli, capturing her in the strange girl's gaze.
      So Alli was resigned to explaining the situation as quickly and simply as she could, and as she was finishing, the compartment door opened again, and three new people walked in.
      The first person to come in was a pretty girl with long red hair, followed by a blonde haired blue eyed boy who seemed to be in that awkward stage of puberty between a bumbling child and a hot teen. And the third kid was a skinny boy with green eyes and messy black hair. With a jolt of surprise, Alli realized it was the same boy from the trial.
      The girl in the front smiled at them. "Hi, I'm Ginny. Can we sit here?" Both the blonde and Alli nodded.
      The other girls eyes were latched onto the boy with black hair. "You're Harry Potter."
      "I know I am." he replied, accompanied by a chuckle from the blonde boy.  He was cut off quickly as the girl turned her gaze to him. "And I don't know who you are."
      "I'm nobody," the boy said hurriedly.
      "No you are not," Ginny scolded. "Luna, this is Neville Longbottom." Then she turned to Alli, who squashed herself deeper into the corner. "And you are?"
      "Alli Verika."
      Ginny smiled at her. "What house are you in?"
      "I don't know yet."
      Ginny looked surprised. "You're a first year?"
      Alli squirmed inwardly. She really didn't want to explain again. Unfortunately, she had to. And after a few minutes, she didn't mind so much. It was easy talking to Luna and Ginny, and Alli found herself relaxing. She was having her first real conversation in years. Disappointment hit when she discovered they were fourth years, but she was fine until the compartment door swung open again.
       A red headed boy plopped down in the seat, grabbed a chocolate frog and plopped it in his mouth. He was followed in by a pretty girl with curly brown hair and brown eyes, who sighed as she sat down.
      "What a day," the red head groaned with his mouth full. Alli shuddered in disgust.
      "Ron," the curly haired girl scolded.
      Ron just shook his head. "I didn't know being a prefect would be so hard. And you'll never guess who the Slytherin prefect is."
      "Malfoy," Harry Potter said with disgust.
      "Yup." Ron snorted.
      "And that complete cow, Pansy Parkinson," the other girl added. "How she managed to become a prefect when she is thicker than a concussed troll."
      "It was Ernie MacMillan and Hannah Abbott from Hufflepuff."
      "And Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil from Ravenclaw." The girl finished.
      "You went to the Yule Ball with Padma Patil," Luna stated vaguely.
      "Yeah, I know I did," Ron said, looking somewhat surprised.
      "She didn't enjoy it very much. She thought you didn't treat her well because you didn't ask her to dance. I don't think I would have minded," she added thoughtfully. "I don't like dancing very much."
      Ron looked at his friend with  a bemused expression. Ginny started giggling.
      Ron turned back to Harry. "We're supposed to patrol the hallways, and we can give out punishments if someone misbehaves. I can't wait to get Crabbe or Goyle for something."
      "Ron!" the brunette exclaimed. "You are not supposed to abuse your position!"
      "Oh like Malfoy won't!"
      "So you're going to sink to his level?"
      "No, I'm going to make sure to get his mates before he gets mine!"
      "For heaven's sake, Ron!" she cried.
      "I'll make Goyle do lines, it'll kill him." He screwed up his face and mimed writing in midair. "I... must... not... look... like... a... baboon's... backside..."
      The rest of the group burst into laughter, particularly Luna, who was clutching her sides and laughing so hard she was crying. "Baboon's... backside..." she choked out. "That was funny."
      The others were now laughing at Luna and Ron's expression, but as Alli did not know who Goyle was, she never really found the situation funny in the first place.
      She was distracted by Harry diving for the magazine that Luna had dropped.
      "Can I look at this?" he asked eagerly.
      She bobbed her head in assent.
      Eventually, Ron tired of watching Luna and turned to his friend. "Anything good in there?"
     Harry opened his mouth to respond, but the curly haired girl cut him off. "Of course not," she said scathingly. "Everyone knows the Quibbler is rubbish."
      "Excuse me," Luna snapped. "My father is the editor."
      "Oh," the girl said, flustered. "I- I mean- it's quite-"
      Luna ignored her and snatched the magazine back from Harry, turning it upside down and disappearing behind it.
      Just as she escaped from view, the door opened for a third time. Alli wondered if this was normal. Then with a feeling of great surprise, she recognized the boy in the middle. It was mudblood boy.
      It appeared he recognized her as well. "You," he sneered. "Ready for your first year?" he taunted.
      Alli simply smiled. "Yes I am, it will be quite different from the magic I am used too, but I have been studying hard. Still, it would be odd if I was better than someone like you, who grew up with magic." The boy blinked. Alli held her expression. She absolutely loathed bullies, and this boy irked her to no end. This way, if she did turn out to be better than him at anything, it would make him look silly. Evidently, the boy realized this, and chose to ignore her for now, turning back to his original target.
      "Hello, Potter."
      "Hello, Malfoy."
      "How does it feel being second best to Weasley?" Alli wondered what Audrey's crush had to do with this.
      "Shut up, Malfoy," Harry snapped.
      "Careful, Potter, remember your manners, or I might have to give you a detention," he said, smirking. "You see, I, unlike you, have been made a prefect, which means that I, unlike you, have the power to hand out punishments."
      Alli didn't know exactly what a prefect was, but she wasn't about to lose this opportunity. "Oh, you're a prefect? Congratulations. That must be a lot to live up to, I wish you luck." She shot him an innocent smile.
      He glared at her then whipped around and marched away. Harry and the brunette were staring at her in surprise.
      The rest of the trip they sat in silence, until it was time to change into their robes. Néa sat on Alli's shoulder as they made their way out.
      When the little group reached the platform, Alli heard a sharp female voice calling out over the crowd. "First years this way!" Alli glanced around for her friends before heading towards the voice.
      Once everyone was gathered, they headed off through the woods. Hazel caught up with her. "Hey."
      "Hi."
      "Aren't you excited?" Hazel squealed.
      Alli just nodded. Just then, they excited the edge of the woods and caught sight of Hogwarts.
      It rose majestically into the sky, its thousands of windows glowing like Mount Olympus, lighting the way across the lake to their new home.