Chapter Sixteen - A Walk On The Wild Side

Hello all! This is Alex again, and as I said I am writing a bit more now so yay! I don't have much to say here so Happy Hannukah Merry Christler and I think Quanza is around this time too. So happy winter break! I love you all, you are special and valued, and no one can replace you. - Alex

Hazel turned her head as Megan left the room. She didn't dislike her roomates, but she felt a certain relief at being alone again. She suspected her roommates felt the same, and Megan was only attempting to keep her company. The twins in particular were quite keen to keep on eye on her, though both for different reasons. Hazel was pretty sure Molly still suspected her of being a spy.

They needn't have worried, there was no way she would be doing any secret spying here. Hazel couldn't even leave the room without a seemingly friendly offer to accompany her.

She rolled off her bed onto the floor, putting her head on her arms and gazing off under Ginny's bed. After a moment she frowned. Her senses had been tingling ever since she got here, so she hadn't even noticed the abnormality under Megan's bed. Hazel couldn't tell what it was, and had never felt anything like it before. Standing up, she sent a quick glance towards the door before padding over to her friends bed and crouching down. There was an unusual amount of room between the bed and the cream coloured carpet, but that was the same on all the beds. She doubted her friend was hiding anything that valuable under there, as all her roommates were from very poor families. To her surprise though, the tingling wasn't originating from under the bed itself, but rather from the wall.

She placed a hand flat on the surface of the usually cold stone wall and found that it was warm. Still unable tell what it was, she pushed against it gently, with both her arm and ability.

The wall moved. It shifted away from her, and then disappeared abruptly. Hazel jerked back in alarm, and glanced nervously towards the door. Nothing moved. Trembling slightly, Hazel stretched her hand out into the gap. Nothing. So, after a deep breath, she stuck her head in to look, and expierenced an immediate sense of vertigo. Lights were shinning down a... tunnel? But it wasn't a tunnel going down, as she expected, it was going out. It felt more like coming up out of a trapdoor. Hazel pulled her head back out, shaking it in confusion. There was no way that made sense. They were wizards, but Hazel had never seen magic quite like this.

Hazel glanced at the door one last time. With a focused expression she climbed through the wall. Standing shakily, she looked at the floor, which was now perfectly smooth. Hazel headed down the corridor at a brisk pace. A few seconds later, an opening appeared at the end of the hall, covered by a thick tapestry. Pushing it aside, she found herself in a corridor on the ground floor. Despite the interesting nature of the secret corridor, she still felt stunned to have come out so far from the tower.

Hazel hesitantly moved down the hall, until a odd wall caught her attention. She couldn't see anything on it, but she couldn't see anything in the other wall either. She stepped up to the wall and pushed. The wall slid away, and there was the grounds.

She was outside.

Hazel was silent as she ran across the grass towards the lake. Stopping at the edge, she breathed deeply. She sensed someone behind her, and a soft nose bumped her arm.

"Hello, Arion."

Her best friend nickered softly at her before nudging her arm again.

Hazel smiled. "Alright, I'll see what I can get." She dropped her senses only a few feet down. Scotland was possibly more wealthy than Alaska, Hazel's senses were constantly buzzing with gold, silver, and gems. And that was a bad thing.