chapter 17

jack

Jack stared in amazement as the two dragons spread there wings out. Jane ran to a sliver white one, and Luke ran to a pure black one. The black one looked like a knight and it's blue eyes gave an intelligent stare. The white one had armor too but it glistened and showed everything that it radiated power. It's green eyes hinted many other colors and it looked at jack.

"everybody meet knight and light." Jane said

The white dragon, light, looked at jack suspiciously and opened it's mouth and let out a hiss.

"no you can't." Jane said

"I hope you guys have rides." Luke said

"no we don't, well at least not here." Coralyn said

Jane took a deep sigh and looked to the ground, she looked up back at them. Jane's eyes had changed colors to the eye color of light.

"they have decided to help you. Three per dragon" Jane said

Jane shook her head and her eyes went back to normal. Coralyn and Jordan ran over to Jane and light and mounted, (with the help of Jane) jack and Elizabeth walked over to knight. Luke helped them up and soon both dragon's were ready.

"ready?" Luke asked to jack and Elizabeth

"yeah." Jack said.

Jack hugged Elizabeth's sides. Luke grabbed his saddle handle and whispered something very cheesy ("commando, lift off." Luke said). Elizabeth quickly grabbed Luke's shoulders. Jack saw Jane's dragon take off first, once light made it in to the air, jack got ready. Knight flapped his wings once and soon they were rushing into the air. The jolt of air almost knocked jack off knight, he hugged tighter at Elizabeth. Jack heard Elizabeth laughing, and jack quickly joined.

"how do you like the ride!" Luke yelled

"I LOVE IT!!" Elizabeth yelled

Jack hooted to show how much he loved the ride to, and Luke patted knight. They flew more steadily and happily till a gong sounded. Luke's face grew dim and they immediately dived to the ground. They landed and Luke helped jack and Elizabeth get off. As soon as they got off knight turned and disappeared into the air. Jordan, Coralyn, and Jane came out from the trees.

"what was the gong for?" Jordan asked

"a single gong means that they send a creature or something after you, most likely to kill you. Two gong means that they are summoning it back. And triple means that they are ending the survival game." Luke said grimly

Jordan nodded and stayed silent for the rest of 5 minutes. Jane looked around in the moss and tried to look for cover.

"What are you doing?" Jordan asked

"I'm looking for a moss cave." Jane said

She stopped and pointed at a small hiss with moss covering it.

"good idea, you four fallow me." Luke said.

They ran over to the other side of the little hill. Luke grabbed a handful of moss and pulled it up. A cavern was under that layer of moss. Luke slid in and the other five fallowed. Jack looked around and saw that water dripped form tiny cracks from the roof. He looked around and saw small stones perfect for sitting on. Jack took a seat and once his friends were all in, Jane pulled the moss down.

They sat there minutes, hours it felt like passed, jack pulled out his pocket knife and started thinking.

"do you guys know who Peter C. is?" jack asked