Chapter 3

Tsukki glares at his phone and puts it in his bag.

"I guess something came up. He's not coming to practice," he says in a monotone voice.

Of course he's not angry with his friend, but he's his partner and who else is he suppose to practice with?

"I'm not partnering with these weirdos..." he thinks, looking at Kageyama and Hinata. Hinata is pushing Kageyama away while Kageyama leans on him like a countertop. The redhead doesn't seem to be doing any damage to his tall friend.

"If Yamaguchi isn't here, then I'm not here," he says, standing up. He knows his friend wouldn't leave without notice...Yamaguchi always gives notice to Tsukki or else he gets into a bad mood. The blonde grabs his bag. "See you guys later."

"Wait...! You can't just leave because of Yamaguchi. Maybe he has a family emergency or something," Suga pipes up. Tsukki stops at the doorway.

"All the more reason to go," he says before leaving. There's silence until the heavy metal door slides shut. The team looks to one another.

"What a jerk, leaving us like this," Hinata mumbles under his breath as he crosses his arms. Kageyama grumbles under his breath and Tanaka sighs.

Daichi stands before them, tall and strong. His leader-like vibe sends the team to stand up straight and look to him with their utmost respect.

"I want you guys to work hard today, regardless if two teammates are gone. We need to train hard for our next practice match...which is...?"

"I'm still waiting on their answer..." Takeda Ittetsu says calmly. Daichi nods.

He then proceeds to give yet another inspirational speech to his team. Hinata, Tanaka, and Noya are, of course, fired up, and forget about Yamaguchi and Tsukki.

~~~~

While everyone cools off with a drink, Kageyama goes over to Daichi. He stands next to him.

"Don't you think it's odd that Tsukishima went off like that? He usually doesn't care about what Yamaguchi is doing as long as it doesn't interfere with him..." Kageyama begins casually.

"I know. It had me thinking," Daichi begins, looking to the blue eyed teen.

"Unless he felt something was wrong, he wouldn't have gone. Yamaguchi always tells him what's going on, so there must be something important."

"What do you think it is?" Kageyama asks cautiously. Daichi smiles and pats his teammate's shoulder.

"If I knew, I'd tell you."

Back with Tsukki, he walks in his practice clothes through the school grounds and onto the sidewalk.

Dammit Yamaguchi, what's going on? You never leave me without notice.

You're always there with me at practice and walking home.

So why do I feel so lost without you by my side?

So why aren't you telling me anything...?

Tsukki begins to run, his bag hitting the outer side of his left leg. It leaves a red mark. The odd way his inside belongs are placed causes him to stumble every few steps.