Chapter 10

The days have been brighter. Happier. Warmer. Yamaguchi sits outside the gym, waiting for Tsukki to come out.

The sun is setting. Today's practice was long and tiring, but good. The freckled teen stretches as he waits.

Tsukishima walks out, one of the last members to leave. He fixes his bag over his shoulder and looks to his friend. A little too long. Almost in a trance

"Hey Tsukki, let's grab some drinks," Yamaguchi says, walking towards the vending machine. Tsukki follows him, hip to hip.

Yamaguchi is going on about practice. He hasn't mentioned anymore bullying since the last incident. Tsukishima looks down at his friend. He's laughing, smiling. He smiles to himself.

"I can't believe Suga-senpai said that! It was kind of scary," Yamaguchi laughs, pushing buttons to the vending machine. He grabs the drink. Tsukishima grabs a drink, looking at the ground.

"Yama, are you happy?" He asks. Yamaguchi sits and looks up, a bit caught off guard by the question. He nods.

"Yeah, why?"

"I... am too."

Yamaguchi smiles softly. He knows his friend has problems expressing emotions. At least the positive ones. He knows it takes a lot for him to say he cares. That he's happy

Nothing could make Yamaguchi happier than to know things are getting better. That his friends will always be there for him. Hell, they embarrassed themselves just to make sure he was ok. He may have hid his pain at first, but this newfound joy warms him. He feels like he can talk more. He's not so nervous.

Being vulnerable is hard...

Yamaguchi stands up by his friend.

"I'm...just...happy to see..." Tsukishima cuts himself off. Embarrassed a little. "Nevermind..."

"Let's go home. It's getting late," he tells his blonde friend. Tsukishima nods and they walk together towards Yamaguchi's house. Tsukishima always brings Yamaguchi home first. That's how it's always been.

They sit under the warm sky. The colors bounce off their eyes and skin in oranges and pinks. It's been a good day. The warm breeze shifts their hair. They stand, looking at each other.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Tsukki," the brown haired teen tells his friend. Tsukishima adjusts his glasses, looking down into Yamaguchi's eyes.

With a bit of courage and a heart beating fast, Tsukishima pulls Yamaguchi in a for warm hug. They're both caught off guard, but soon embrace warmly. Never letting go. Time seems to move slowly now...

In a quick moment, Tsukishima gently presses a kiss on his friend's crown. He blushes. They look to each other.

"Tsukki..." is all Yamaguchi manages. They look at each other. Only breaths away.

In the next moment, their lips softly interlock. The world feels warm. Soft. Like they exist only in this moment...

They pull away after what feels like forever. It was probably only a few seconds in reality.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Are we still on to go shopping?" The taller one asks. Yamaguchi nods quicky.

"Y...yeah...of course..."

"I'll pick you up at 9 then. Maybe we'll stop by that new cafe you've been eyeing before heading to the sports place..."

And with that he waves, leaving. Not another word. Yamaguchi stands there, his heart beating fast. He gulps hard. His stomach turns much like when he saw those bullies, but it's the opposite feeling. It's warmer...kinder...sweeter...

"Thank you...Tsukki..."