Chapter Fifteen

Isabella's POV

We stood in awe in front of the council gates as they were the most breathtaking ones I had ever seen. "Wow," I said breathlessly. The gates were a dark mahogany brown with gold carvings all over. They towered over us at at at least eleven feet.

Around the gates was a force field that could faintly be seen if you looked carefully. I moved towards the forest lining and moved my hands around to see if there was a force field. My suspicions were correct as I felt my hands touch
some kind of invisible dome.

A hand was placed on the small of my back my head whipped around to meet the person's face. "We'd better go in now," said Dylan from his position behind me. "Sure," I said and we started to walk back to the gates. A man appeared out of nowhere and he stood tall in front of us. He spoke out loud with a deep, rich tone, "state your names."

"Alpha John and Isabella White," Dylan stated. The man looked down at his clipboard and then smiled, "welcome to the council, please follow the arrows and they will lead you to your destination. But be warned, there will be a lot of obstacles to test your worthiness. Some may be deadly and some you may live through."

The humongous gates slowly opened and a wave of fresh air hit me in the best way possible. We took a few steps forward before the gates slammed shut behind us.

"Ok....," I said slowly. "Don't worry we'll be okay," Dylan said to me comfortingly. I nodded hesitantly but continued walking.

-------------time skip-----------------

*1 hour later*

"We've been walking for about an hour but nothing has happened!" Dylan exclaimed exasparatedly. "Calm down D, we'll find a clue soon enough," I said trying to calm him down. As soon as those words left my mouth I heard a twig snap. "D? Did you hear that?" I asked him after abruptly stopping in front of him. "No, are you sure you aren't hearing things," "I'm very sure that I'm not hallucinating," I half yelled/snapped at him since his disinterest was annoying me.

Something suddenly jumped out from the bushes on my right side and I immediately crouched into a fighting position with my fists raised. The 'something' looked like a fairy mixed with a vampire; it had fairy wings that sparkled and had very pale skin as well as sharp, prominent fangs.

It removed a scroll from behind its back and started to read, "this message is to tell you how you have passed your first test which was patience. You have managed to walk around in circles without giving up on your quest. There will however be even more as you keep going. Do not give up, your quest is worth it."

The fairy/vampire then spread his wings and effortlessly fluttered away leaving the two of us shocked at our current situation. "I guess we had better get going if we wanna get there then," i said to D. "Yeah, lets go,"he said while grabbing my hand and leading us deeper into the forest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------******************************************************

A/N

Hola mi amigos, hablas español? Just kidding, hey y'all long time no read hey. I am so sorry for the extremely late update. Those of you who are wondering about Anah, don't worry she will come up soon enough. If you are a teen fiction reader please check out a book that belongs to a close friend of mine. The book is High School Hit List by autheras. Thank you for the support and getting me to rank #940. Please vote and comment and tell me your thoughts. Adios(sorry I'm learning Spanish so I'm trying to use it as much as possible) see you soon and love you my peeples!