Chapter Nineteen

Anah's POV

Darkness was everywhere. It was....quite frightening actually.

I tried to look for any sign of the smallest smudge of light but sadly failed.
All of a sudden, I was blinded by a bright light.

Hearing a groan I looked around the spacious hospital room to realise that it came from me. "Anah?" a voice asked. I looked towards the door to see Beta Sam looking at me astonished.

He swiftly closed the door and rush to my side. "B-but the doctor s-said you wouldn't be awake at least for a week!" He exclaimed with tears in his eyes.

I looked at the guy who was once my crush...I had hoped we'd be mates but once he found her and it wasn't me, my heart was crushed. I couldn't let him see that so I continued to act like nothing was wrong.

She was beautiful...with red-brown hair, hazel eyes and milky white skin that even the whitest swan would be jealous of.

"I guess the doctors miscalculated then," I said to him with a slight smile on my face. He huffed and gave a huge bear hug. "You're gonna break my bones, you know that?" Sam pulled back and gave me a playful glare. "You know that could be an insult but I'm going to take it as if you said I have glorious muscles," he exclaimed loudly and proudly.

I giggled and shook my head. "Don't you agree fair Anah?" he asked inquisitively. I smiled to myself and looked down. "What's wrong Anah?" Sam asked with a worried expression on his face. I looked up at him, "I can't help but think that the situation with those creatures is going to become worse," I put my head in my hands.

"Don't worry Anah, as long as we're all together and we have each other's backs then we'll be okay," said Roxy.

I smiled slightly to myself. Suddenly a thought occurred to me, "where are Bell and Dylan?" I asked frantically. "Don't worry Anah, they went to the council a couple of hours ago," he said.
My heartbeat slowed and so did my breathing.
I looked at Sam just as he looked at me, he then smirked and said," so how about a cookie."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------************************************************************

A/N

Hello everyone, I know this is a short chapter but it's all I've managed to do so far. There is no excuse in the world that can make up for how long I've neglected this book so I'm just simply going to say I'm sorry to all of my readers. I'll try to get back to my usual standard of writing by the next chapter but I'll see how that goes. Please comment and vote(that's if you want to). I love y'all and I'll see you soon ;)