Chapter Eighteen

Dylan's POV

We had just left the spot where the fairy/ vamp left us and I have to admit that we were now really making progress.

I looked over at Bella only to see her gaping at everything in wonder. My eyes trailed to our entwined hands and a smile broke out on my face.

"Do you like it here?" I asked her raising a brow at her.

"Yes, it's absolutely amazing!" She shrieked with excitement.

"How did we ever get so lucky?" asked Damon.
"I don't know but we'd better cherish what the moon goddess gave us, we don't need her taking her gift back," I said back with a hint of fright in my tone.

"Dylan!!" Isa screamed at me. "Huh," I said while blinking rapidly. "I was saying that this is probably the next obstacle," she said straining her neck to look up.

In front of us stood a sphinx with closed eyes that was probably 8 storeys high.

We stood there a few more seconds before suddenly....................

...................................it spoke.

A deep baritone voice rang out in our ears, "in order to pass through my little door , a riddle you must answer and not ignore."

Oh great, so now we've got to answer a riddle.

"Here it is: We hurt without moving. We poison without touching. We bear the truths and lies. We are not to judged by our size. What are we?"

Oh wow, this seems like a tough one. "Okay how about the wind," said Damon. Really, the wind. Have you lost your mind. "No, I was just trying to be funny," he said while pacing around for whatsoever reason. "Ummm how about words," Bella suggested.

"Words! Is she trying to get us killed?" Damon huffed with exasperation.

"You are correct, you may go through," it spoke in its deep voice.

I looked at her in amazement, chuckling a bit to myself. "Take a picture, it will last you longer," she said smirking at me over her shoulder. "Hmmm, is that sarcasm I'm detecting?" I said mimicking a metal detector.

"Ha ha ha, very funny Dyl," she bluntly stated while rolling her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes," I chided holding her face in place, "Damon is worried your eyes won't come back."

"Pfft, as if. I'm not the one who's worried here," stated Damon. 'Oh shut up,' I said mentally slapping him lightly on his snout.

Bella burst out in laughter, she doubled over and kept laughing for about two full minutes. When she came back up she had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Whoo, thank you for that. I needed a good laugh," she breathed out.

She skipped away and I followed like a love-sick puppy. 'This is so weird, don't you think Dae?' "No it isn't because you called me a puppy," he huffed and lifted his snout in the air towards the right in a defiant manner.

'Ok fine, I'm sorry,' I said mentally nudging him. "Ok, but first, beg," he said looking me in the eye. 'What no!' I exclaimed slightly moving back.

"Hey, you said you wanted my forgiveness, so on your knees and beg," he demanded with authority.

'You do know that you will technically be begging yourself, right?' I said trying to remove myself from the situation.

"I am very much aware of the technicality, Dylan, but this is unfortunately what you have to do,' he said trying to look sympathetic but failing miserably.

I can't believe I'm doing this. My knees touched the imaginary floor in my mind and I crouched down. 'Please forgive me Dae, please?' I pleaded.

"Ok, its fine, but you should probably get back to Bella. She must be worried, I mean with all the weird things you just did," he said.

I zoned back into the real world to see myself in a begging position with Bella taping me on her cell.

"Aaaand done," she said with an amused grin on her face. "This is so going to trend in the pack house," she stated happily.

"I'm gonna get you for that, mate," I threatened while starting to chase her.

"Only if you catch me," she shouted from the door on the other side.

She started running and so did I....

------------------------------------*****************************************

A/N

Hello fellow readers, I know I haven't posted in a long time but I hope I make up for that. I'm really hoping that y'all will enjoy this chapter. If you have anything to say, feel free to say so please. Please don't forget to vote/comment. I will see you guys in the next chapter(which I hope isn't long from now). Love you and see you soon my peeples, adios!!