Chapter 8

“Rotten egg.” I teased 20 minutes later, sitting on the ground, drying my hair with a towel. “Whatever,” The General retorted back, plopping on the ground beside me, holding a stack of paper. “I was brainstorming in the toilet.” I snickered. “So, any good ideas?”

            “I was thinking about water bombs.” The General said. “Like for example, we can set a timing for certain bombs to go off at certain times. That way we can not only create diversions, but we can also create substantial damage.”

            “That’s a pretty good idea!” I exclaimed, surprised. “Maybe brainstorming in the toilet does help. Okay, so we can set up bombs at different places, but what will happen if they keep moving about. If the bombs go off at the wrong time, we may injure our own men.”

            “Touche. How about ‘land mines’ since we would mostly be attacking from the air as it would be dangerous to stay on the ground.”

            “Sounds good. We’ll practice that in tomorrow’s training. What about formations? We haven’t talked about that yet.”

            “For formations, it will have to depend on them. If they are they are going to split up and go into small groups, we should ambush them like how you were saying just now. So we will have them at a ratio of two is to one.” The General stated thoughtfully.

            “Alright,” I stated. “I was thinking also if they decide to go in a large group, we can split up and regroup continuously to disorientate them. Attacking from the air will also give us an advantage, gravity will be on our side.” I yawned, stretching.

            “Do you want to call it a night? You look tired.” The General commented, looking worriedly at me.

            “I’m fine.” I brushed him off. “We really need to win this time though. I’m getting a bit tired of the vigorous trainings and battles that we have been having. It’s the first time we’ve had so many battles and mini-battles in the past two months. Although its crazy how you’ve been planning all the past strategies by yourself. At least this time you have my help.” I commented unabashedly, my mental filter not processing my words due to the haziness of my tired brain.

The General chuckled at my comment. “So now that I have your help, we better win. Then we can continue to keep the champions cup for this season. Anyway, since you are tired, I suggest you get to bed. Training tomorrow will be in the afternoon but in the morning I will need your help on the simulator.”

I sighed. “Yes Sir, see you tomorrow at 9 at the simulator room. Goodnight.”

“I’ll show you out.” The General said, opening the door. “Goodnight.”