That is not my dog!

In 2001, a man came to stay for four days on business

In 2001, a man came to stay for four days on business. He was a lovely chap and he was a bit of a film buff. At the time Honey, my Jack Russell was only 6 months old and loved being taken out by anyone that would oblige.

Pat (our Irish handyman) was around at that time and used to always spend time with our guests during the early part of the evening engaging in conversation on a variety of subjects whilst I was sorting out my sons with their homework.

On his last night, he asked if he could take the dog for a walk and would pop in the pub for an English pint before coming back. Of course, I said, as Honey was perfectly well behaved.

What I didn't realise was that he had a game plan, which I was to learn about later when he returned from the pub. It went as follows...

When he walked into the pub to order his drink, the barman said, "I'm sorry, No Dogs!"

He replied: "OK" and continued to walk to the bar.

"Excuse me," the barman said again, "NO dogs are allowed in here."

To which he replied: "that, is not my dog"

He went on to explain to the barman he had always wanted to create the opportunity to say this to someone as he was a big fan of Peter Sellers and the Pink Panther.

Thankfully the barman was also a Peter Sellers fan, they had a good laugh, he had his pint, Honey was allowed to remain and the man achieved his wish!