Wodka

This is the story of the easiest breakfast I have ever served

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

This is the story of the easiest breakfast I have ever served. It began with a phone call just before 8pm from an agent saying she had two men who needed a twin bedded room for the night and that they had a large van. They had just arrived at Dover and were driving to London.

Always wanting to keep busy, I was happy to take a 'one nighter' if I had space as it was money in the bank. About 2 hours later two huge Russian drivers walked through my front door and went straight to bed, but not before requesting breakfast at 6.30am.

Their appearance was of a farming background and they both had the largest pair of hands I'd ever seen! They didn't speak a word of English.... Pleasantries were just nods!

In the morning I was preparing their breakfast when they came downstairs and pointed to the coffee pot. I quickly made the coffee and placed it on the table. They sat there looking at the spread I had laid out and said "Wodka" in a heavy accent.

"Excuse me?" I said with a confused look on my face.

"Vod-ka" he repeated slower this time.

"Oh, Vodka!" I replied. They both shook their heads. I wasn't sure if I had any, so I went down into the cellar to see what I could find. I walked back into the kitchen a few minutes later with a bottle of Smirnoff that was two-thirds full.

I showed them the bottle and they nodded their heads, so I handed it over to them along with two water glasses. They unscrewed the cap and filled their glasses to the brim!

After their second glass, they got up from the table, gave me the money for the night's stay and made their way to the van, leaving me in the kitchen with the nearly empty bottle.