You can leave your hat on!

The last thing I want to see in the morning is a naked man walking down the hallway whistling as he goes to the bathroom

The last thing I want to see in the morning is a naked man walking down the hallway whistling as he goes to the bathroom. You would think that a B&B being as much a home as it is a business, a guest would show some restraint, but this gentleman did not.

The man in question was a retired postman from the Midlands, who arrived with a plastic bag carrying all he needed for his weekend's stay.

Needless to say, I was a bit like a cat on a hot tin roof when I happened to see him that first morning. My main concern was - what if another guest walked out of their room and saw him strolling down the hallway starkers!? I could just see the headline on TripAdvisor - "Nice stay – ideal for nudists".

There are dressing gowns in all of our rooms, so I tried to be tactful by laying the dressing gown on his bed and providing extra towels in his room. But he was having none of it. He pranced naked from the bedroom to the bathroom every single morning without fail.

I'd say that I was glad to see the back of him, but that conjures up too many images that I'd rather forget!

Since that day I have always been wary of anyone who turns up at the front door with just a plastic bag...you live and learn!