Chapter Seventeen

changed Jackson's age cause I thought it'd be easier to write , so Jackson is 11 months now instead of 6 sorry for any confusion , now u can read(:

-

Today was a lonely day. Kellin had come and collected Copeland just a couple hours ago for an overnight visit. It was just me, Jackson, and Mike.

"Oh hey Vic, I'm going out for awhile."

Make that just me and Jackson.

"Alright, see you later." I call out, hearing the familiar noise of the backdoor closing. Jackson plays on the ground, blowing raspberries and clicking his toy trucks together.

"Hey Jackson, why don't we go for a walk?" I suggest, standing and going over to the closet by the front door. I pull the doors open, Jackson watching me as I pull out the stroller. He continues to blow raspberries, looking back down at his trucks. Maybe we could stop at a certain store and get Copeland her birthday gift.

Kellin had gotten Copeland a whole set of new barbies, whispering 'cost a fortune but was worth the smile on her face' to me as she ran around the room screaming with glee.

I smile at the small memory, picking up one of Jackson's blankets off the couch and putting it in the stroller. It's a bit chilly out so I grab a sweater for him too, watching as he crawls towards the stroller. He grabs ahold of the plastic part at the front, hoisting himself up so he's standing. I watch cautiously, coming forward to make sure he doesn't fall.

He smiles at me, bouncing his legs and letting out a short giggle. A loving smile comes to my lips, adoring the cute baby in front of me. I swoop him off his sweet, bringing him up. He lets out a loud giggle, holding his hinds in front of his mouth.

I grab his sweater, quickly putting it on before setting him down in the stroller. "Alright, let me buckle you." I say, smiling as Jackson wiggles around. He frowns as I take his arms and buckle them, buckling the bottom part also.

I pull my phone out, shooting Mike a text that tells him that Jackson and I are going on a walk. Jackson starts blubbering, waving his arms around as I drape the blanket over him. He babbles randomly, clutching the blanket in his hands.

"Are you talking babe?" I let out a small laugh, Jackson blabbering faster at the sound of my voice. I open the door, making sure I have my wallet in my pocket before holding the
open as I push the stroller out. As carefully as possible, I carry the stroller down the four steps, letting out a breath of relief as the stroller touches the ground safely.

Jackson smiles at me as I lean down to press a kiss to his forehead, smoothing his hair down before beginning our walk.

The air is crisp and cold, dead leaves dancing around with the wind. I breathe in the cold air, sighing deeply. "So Jackson, we're gonna go pick out Copeland's gift. How does that sound?" I ask, knowing that Jackson won't give me a response.

He just lets out a squeak, making a baby noises as he squirms in his seat. "Alright bud."

We make our way towards town, Jackson giggling each time I push the stroller over a bump. The streets are almost empty as we cross them, going deeper into town.

"Aww!"

I'm stopped by two girls as they coo at Jackson. I smile, leaning against the stroller slightly as they smile and speak to him in high voices. "How old?" One of the girls asks, shooting me a smile.