Chapter Twenty-Five -FINAL-

Today is going to be the best day of my life.

After adopting Jackson of course.

I've waited for this day for five years.

And finally, it's happening.

A smile makes its way to my lips naturally as he steps into the room, cheeks flushed like usual.

"You look great." He says to me, coming towards me and taking my hand. "So do you." I smile, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

He smiles and blushes harder, if possible, rolling his eyes.

Mike, Copeland (now nine), Jackson (now five), Alysha, my parents, Kellin's parents, Eleanor, and Austin sit up in the visitor section, all of them smiling. Jackson and Copeland look at each other before looking back at us.

"Kellin! Vic!" Judge Novak exclaims, stepping into the room and making his way past the judge chair. He comes to floor level, a bright smile on his face as he approaches us.

We stand, stepping forwards and meeting him in the middle of the room. Judge Novak smiles happily, looking over at the visitor section. Copeland waves at him, earning a small wave back.

"We're gathered here today to sign in the presence of these witnesses Kellin and Vic in bonds of marriage...." Judge Novak starts, looking at us expectantly. "You can go ahead now Kellin."

Kellin nods, smiling sheepishly. He clears his throat, looking up at me.

"Well, where do I begin? The first day I saw you I was in the lowest part of my life. Right when I saw you I was immediately jealous. You would be taking my kid and living the life I wanted. I felt horrible. And then we had the first visit and I found myself having this weird, twisting feeling deep in my stomach whenever you smiled or talked. I hadn't felt like that since I was sixteen, so I was immediately intimidated. It was a weird experience for me but I'm glad I spent it with you, Vic. You were there for me during everything. I never felt alone and I'm so happy we are doing this."

He lets go of one of my hands to wipe his eyes, laughing softly as Alysha 'aw's' from her spot a couple feet away. The smile never leaves my lips as my stomach twists, Kellin returning his hand to mine.

"I remember when I got the call and I woke up at three in the morning. I was contemplating if I should pick up or not. I'm so glad I did. If I didn't I wouldn't have been able to care for one of my favourite little girls in the whole world," I pause to look over at Copeland, a small smile coming to her lips. "I wouldn't have made all these amazing memories and I wouldn't have met the love of my life. I'm so excited to continue doing what I love with the person I love."

His cheeks go pink and he lowers his head bashfully, smiling widely. "I love you, Kellin Quinn, with all my heart. And I will never not love you."

He looks up, smiling widely. "Rings?" Judge Novak asks from his spot above us. Mike stands, quickly coming over and handing me Kellin's. "Vic, I want you to place Kellin's ring on his left hand, ring finger and repeat after me..."

"I Vic, take You, Kellin, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward, till death do us part." I say, sliding the ring onto Kellin's finger.

"You now, Kellin, after me."

"I, Kellin, take you, Vic, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to ho-hold," He stops, taking a deep, shaky breath to stop himself from crying. I smile, a feeling of being loved so powerful rushing through me as he continues. "F-for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to c-cherish," Tears roll down his cheeks as he locks eyes with me, a wide smile on his face. "F-From this day forward, till death do us part."