The Beginning: The Jeweler and the Maid

"Lucca, Mrs. Malia is here for her necklace!" Nessa yelled from the shop front. She smiled at the middle-aged woman standing on the other side of the counter. Even though Nessa was going to be late for her duties at the palace, she never hesitated when her dear childhood friend asked for a hand.

"Here you go." Lucca smiled presenting the woman with a glittering golden necklace in a glass case. Nessa grinned at her long red-haired childhood friend. His robes were crimson and cream while his neck was adorned with jewelry designed and made by Lucca himself.

"Beautiful work as always, Mr. Crystallum." Mrs. Malia praised. Lucca waved his hand as if to brush off the compliment. Even though Lucca was the best jeweler in Sindria, he was still as humble as ever. Nessa couldn't help but smile as she watched Lucca converse with his customer.
"I really need to get going," Nessa commented grabbing her shawl and basket. Luca frowned and grasped her hand forcing her to stay put.
"Even though I don't like you working for that womanizing king, I know you won't listen." Luca sighed. Nessa frowned at her friend's comment. She never understood why Lucca was so against her working at the palace as a kitchen maid. She never met King Sinbad so there was no issue.
"I'll be fine Lucca." Nessa insists placing a goodbye kiss on his cheek before dashing out the door. Lucca let out one more sigh. If only Nessa knew how much he loved her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sinbad watched as his favorite maid came dashing through the palace hallways toward the kitchen. His eyes blazed with desire as he watched her chocolate brown hair fluttering behind her. Her beauty was simply stunning. Never had he ever seen such a glorious creature.

Mine! All mine!

Sinbad closed his eyes as the dark voice hissed in his mind. He didn't disagree with the voice. The girl was his. It was just that the voice had never been so strong or demanding. Sinbad knew he had to find out her name. He wanted his mark on her so all would know she was claimed. He would learn the name of his beauty very soon.

Sinbad had noticed her the moment she stepped into the palace. Her smile lit up the room and a sudden possessiveness overcame him. Her laugh was like a thousand crystal chimes ringing out in a beautiful melody.

Staying in the shadows, Sinbad continued to follow her. He hid behind a pillar as she said good morning to Spartos and Sharrkan.

"Looking as beautiful as always," Sharrkan flirted. Sinbad's hands fisted at the comment. How dare his general speak to her that way.

She was his and off limits.

 Even when blood began to drop onto the stone floor from his tightly clenched fist, Sinbad didn't notice

Even when blood began to drop onto the stone floor from his tightly clenched fist, Sinbad didn't notice. Watching her get along with the male generals caused anger and fury to run through his veins clouding everything. He didn't care if Sharrkan was getting married in nine hours.

"Lord Sin, is everything alright?" a voice enquired.

Sinbad turned to find Ja'far watching him worriedly.

"I'm fine," he replied collecting himself.

"Oh good," Ja'far smiled, "I wouldn't want you feeling bad with Yamraiha and Sharrkan getting married this evening."

"Ja'far, who is that girl?" Sinbad asked pointing toward his Beauty. Ja'far's eyes narrowed as he tried to make out the person Sinbad was referring to. His eyes brightened as recognition set in.

"That is Nessa Ryu. She is one of the kitchen maids. She is responsible for all of the meals served at the palace." Ja'far explained. Sinbad's moved back to watch Nessa smile and wave goodbye to the two generals.

So her name was Nessa...