Thrill of the Hunt

A/N: sorry for the bad chapter earlier and a special thanks to MagiQueen for a fun and cute one-shot I request! Check her one-shots out! They are fun and cute!

"Oh!"

Nessa gasped as she ran straight into a solid mass. Groaning as her bum slammed onto the marble floor, Nessa looked up ready to snap at the idiot not watching where he was going. When a pair of golden eyes met her lavender ones, she was stunned speechless. Standing before her was none other than King Sinbad himself. Nessa threw herself into a bow faster than Sinbad could say Sindria begging for forgiveness.

"Please, it is not your fault." Sinbad smiled pulling Nessa to her feet. A blush rose on her face as she gazed upon the King of Sindria up close for the first time. His violet hair fluttered in the slight breeze. His golden eyes gleamed as if they were liquid gold.

Glancing at her hand, Sinbad realized just how petite and delicate Nessa was.

Mine! My soft sweet Nessa. Sinbad mentally purred while unconsciously pulling Nessa closer. Her skin and body were so soft and petite in contrast to his larger more muscular one. She was his Beauty.

Nessa continued to stare at the almost godlike man before her. His aura was that of power and strength. She knew he was a good king and led his people well.

"He is also the world's biggest womanizer,"

Nessa snapped out of her daze as Lucca's voice whispered in her mind. She quickly pulled her hand from Sinbad's and scurried back. A frown formed on his lips as she appeared to run from him. Why was she running away?

"I'm sorry, My King," Nessa apologized, "I must be going. Lady Yamraiha as requested I help her in preparing for the wedding as well as my other duties as the head chef and planner for the wedding." Nessa flashed King Sinbad one last smile before hurrying down the hall and around the corner out of sight.

"No, don't leave, My Beauty," Sinbad murmured watching as her figure vanished from sight. For once in his life, Sinbad wanted something more than power and the attention of many women. He wanted his Beauty.

"Your Majesty, " a guard interrupted. Sinbad turned to address the man.

"Yes,"

"General Ja'far is looking for you."

Another sigh left Sinbad's mouth as his kingly duties called. For now, his Beauty would get away, but that would not last long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The king is so handsome!" one of Nessa's coworkers, Iona, swooned as they were preparing the wedding reception area for later that evening. Nessa rolled her eyes like normal, but deep down she was swooning as well.

Every young maid in the palace was madly in love with King Sinbad. It was not uncommon to see many of them flocking him during festivals. Nessa of course was never among them. She was always with Lucca and meeting his friends and business partners. He said it was "so she could help run the business one day" whatever that meant. She gently brushed the skirt of her dress before giving Iona an unamused look.

"What's so handsome about him?" she huffed trying not to let her true  emotions show

"What's so handsome about him?" she huffed trying not to let her true emotions show. Iona stared at Nessa as if she had grown another head.

"What isn't handsome about him?!" she shrieked. Nessa winched slightly at her friend's pitch but remained silent as he friend continued to ramble. "His eyes are so dreamy and his hair is so long and beautiful! He is kind and well-built. Have you never seen him in his djinn equip? He is extremely sexy then!"

Nessa choked on her own breath at the last statement. Her cheeks flared bright red as the image of King Sinbad's Baal djinn equip entered her mind. She had only ever seen him in that equip once, but even she had to admit he was extremely attractive in it.

"You are nuts!" Nessa snapped trying to cover up her flustered state. Thankfully, Iona was too deep in her fangirling to notice.

Nessa continued to set out the gold and turquoise dinnerware when suddenly a hand grasped her waist. Yelping in fear, the plate currently in her hand plummeted toward the ground.

"Klutzy Nessie, you need to be more careful." a husky voice teased.

"LUCCA!" Nessa screamed punching her dear friend in the shoulder. Lucca groaned, but the grin never left his lips. He loved the reactions he could get out of Nessa. He always had.

"You jerk! I could have broken that! It is a one-of-a-kind Master Domhnall masterpiece." Nessa scolded. Master Domhnall was the best glass blower in Sindria and had specially made all the plates, cups, and dishes for the wedding.

"Oh well," Lucca snorted brushing off her comment with a smirk on his face.

"Wipe that grin off your face, Lucca Crystallum. Now why are you here?" she demanded. Lucca chuckled before producing a wooden case from behind his back.

"I came to deliver this," he replied lifting the lid to reveal a dazzling cherry blossom hairpin. Nessa's mouth hung open as the beautiful piece shimmered in the sun. The rose gold petals and gleaming diamonds displayed the true genius of its creator.

"But they don't match Lady Yamraiha's wedding colors?" Nessa commented. It was not like Lucca to make a mistake like that. Lucca merely chuckled as he lifted the pin from the box, unclipping Nessa's current hair piece, and replacing it with the cherry blossoms.

"That's because it is not for Lady Yamraiha," Lucca rumbled placing a kiss on Nessa's cheek, "it's for you."

"......" Nessa stood frozen in shock as Lucca's hand gently cupped her cheek. Meanwhile, Iona had passed out from all the cuteness of the scene.

"The wedding planner and head chef can't look so plain. Besides, it is your favorite flower." Lucca whispered softly in her ear before pulling away slightly.

Nessa had no idea what to say. This was not like Lucca at all. Sure he made her gifts all the time, but he had never shown those kinds of feelings toward her. What had gotten into him? Nessa loved Lucca, but that was like how a sister loved her brother. Lucca was just a brother figure to her and she thought he saw her as a sister...at least that was what she had thought before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sinbad's jaw clenched as he watched the stupid jeweler place his lips on his Beauty's skin.

That mongrel!

Then he had the nerve to lean in close and whisper in her ear like a lover. Never had Sinbad felt such hate toward another human being. All he wanted was to draw his sword and strike Lucca Crystallum down. He wanted to see the jeweler's blood spilled on the palace's stone floor.

The only one to kiss his Beauty's skin was Sinbad himself.

She was his Beauty!

His prey!

From the moment his eyes fell on his Beauty, everything in Sinbad's world changed. His desire for power vanished and was replaced by something. Something darker and more possessive. Something had begun to grow within him turning him into a predator and his Beauty had become his prey.

And like all predators, he loved the thrill of the hunt.