Life with the Beast

A/N: I apologize for the long wait! Life is busy and I had a little writer's block. Thanks for sticking with Nessa and I. Stay amazing!

"Good day, General Spartos!" Nessa smiled causing the poor man to blush bright red and quickly dash down the hallway.

Nessa sighed before returning to her duties. If she was going to live in the palace, she wanted to make friends with the generals.

Nessa began to stir the large pot of soup that would be part of lunch in about an hour. Lost in thought she wasn't aware of the beast behind her.

"Deep in thought as always," purred a voice in her ear. Nessa yelped in surprise and spun ready to whop the culprit with her ladle. All she found was the King of Sindria smirking at her.

"Shouldn't you be working?" Nessa asked giving Sinbad an irritated look. Sinbad shrugged his shoulders absentmindedly.

"I wanted to see my Beauty. Is that a crime?" Sinbad rumbled nuzzling her neck. Nessa's eyes began to close at the feeling, but the dinging of the oven timer snapped her out of it.

"Excuse me. I need to finish preparing lunch." Nessa sighed. Sinbad simply smiled and leaned in close.

"I would rather have you than the food." He purred before stealing a kiss and vanishing out the door.

Nessa stood there with her jaw dropping to the floor. Crimson flushed her cheeks at the King's crude words. That man was going to be the death of her.

"You have grown quite fond of Miss Nessa," Ja'far comments as he finds Sinbad watching Nessa sitting in the garden.

"She is a special girl," Sinbad responded not taking his eyes off her.

Nessa felt a pair of eyes on her so she turned to glance behind her. The golden eyes of King Sinbad met hers. She felt a blush spread across her cheeks as his intense gaze. She waves shyly before getting up and heading toward the kitchen.

"Soon, Beauty. Soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, King Sinbad seems to be a frequent visitor here," Iona commented nearly causing Nessa to drop the glass bowl in her hand.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Nessa stammered. Iona grinned evilly at her friend before waltzing up beside her.

"Well, it looks to me like he likes you." she giggled. Nessa rolled her eyes and tried to concentrate on her work.

"That is ridiculous. He is my king. Besides, he does not have time for a lowly servant like me." Nessa sighed.  Iona shrugged her shoulder in disappointment. She was hoping Nessa would finally admit her feelings for King Sinbad.

"What about that friend of yours? Lucca right?" Iona asked. Nessa stilled at the mention of his name. It had been a week since she had seen Lucca. Part of her wanted to see him and return to their normal life, but at the same time, she didn't want to leave Sinbad.

"Lucca is just my friend," Nessa replied.

"He seemed to think of you as more than a friend." Iona pointed out. Nessa turned around and gave her friend a glare while crossing her arms over her chest. Iona merely grinned and stuck her tongue out at her friend childishly.

"Good evening, Ladies."  a voice chuckled.

Nessa and Iona both jumped slightly in surprise as Sinbad stepped from the shadows. He had his normal charming smile that he flashed upon Iona as well as Nessa. Only, his eyes became possessive as they fell on Nessa. Nessa looked away self-consciously.

"Good evening to you too, Your Majesty." Iona bowed. Nessa merely nodded quickly before hurrying over to retrieve her sweets that were finished.

"I was wondering if you would join me for a stroll before dinner, Miss Nessa." Sinbad smiled. Nessa refused to look at him as she scurried around trying to find anything to use as an excuse.

"I wish I could, My King, but I have to finish preparations for dinner," Nessa claimed.

"Oh don't worry, Boss," Iona interrupted smirking, "the girls and I can handle the rest."   Nessa wanted to strangle Iona.

"Shall we?" Sinbad asked holding his hand out for Nessa. Nessa timidly placed hers in his and followed him out of the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you like living here?" Sinbad asked suddenly

"Do you like living here?" Sinbad asked suddenly. Nessa looked at him questionably at his sudden question. For the past five minutes, they had simply watched the sunset quietly together.

"I...I do like living here. It is very beautiful and everyone is so nice," Nessa smiled. Sinbad smiled back and then gently cupped Nessa's face.

"Do you like me?" he whispered nuzzling her ear.

Nessa's cheeks flushed crimson red at his closeness. She had not lived in the palace long, but during her time here, Sinbad had been nothing but generous. He would join her some days in the garden and they would talk about his adventures.

"Yes," she sighed placing her hand over his, "I think...I think I might be falling in love with you."

Sinbad froze at the confession.

Had he heard right?

Was Nessa's heart finally his?

Nessa felt embarrassment flood her as she watched Sinbad's reaction.

Stupid! You should have stayed quiet! she scolded silently.

"I should get going," she muttered pulling away from Sinbad. Nessa held her tears in check as she turned on her heels and began to hurry away.

"I don't think so, Beauty," Sinbad purred capturing Nessa around the waist before she could even get five feet away. He effectively trapped her against his hard chest preventing her from fleeing any farther. After what she just confessed, there was no way he would let her go now. 

"Please, I didn't mean to insult you," Nessa sniffled staring at her feet.

"There was no insult, Beauty, for it seems I am falling in love with you as well," Sinbad murmured nuzzling her hair before turning Nessa around to face him. Before Nessa could get another word out, Sinbad covered her lips with a passionate kiss. Pride swelled in his chest as he felt her relax in his embrace.

She was finally his.

All his.

MINE! MINE! ALL MINE!  

Sinbad let the dark voice echo through his head. He shared the feelings it spoke of. She was his now for eternity.

And He would never let her go.