Change is Coming

A/N: sorry it's so short! Exams have kept me busy.
"Come home, Nessa." Lucca pleaded for the fifth time grasping her hands in his. Nessa frowned and shook her head. Nessa was back at Lucca's store to tell him that she was moving into the palace. He was not pleased with the news.

"I can't come home yet, Lucca. I have my duties to the king." Nessa argued. Lucca scowled at the mention of Sinbad. That arrogant prick thought he was going to win. Well, King Sinbad had another thing coming.

"He is just using you! Why can't you see that? He will throw you out in a blink of an eye." Lucca snapped. Nessa's fists clenched and her knuckles turned white. She kept her eyes on the ground trying to fight her tears of anger. She wanted to see Lucca and explain why she was staying at the palace.

She was falling in love.

"He loves me," Nessa whispered.

CRASH!

"Lucca, what's gotten into you!"

Nessa rushed over to her childhood friend who had just smashed his fist into the wall causing serious damage.

"That bastard has ruined everything!" Lucca muttered darkly glaring up at the dark ceiling as Nessa kneeled beside him and inspected the damage to his right hand.

"You idiot! You could have broken your hand! What would you have done then? You can't make your beautiful creations with one hand. What in the world has gotten to you, Lucca?" Nessa snapped searching her best friend's face for answers. Lucca continued to glare at the ceiling so Nessa went to grab the first aid kit.

"This isn't like you, Lucca. Why can't you be happy for me?" Nessa demanded as she began to wrap her friend's damaged hand.

"Because he doesn't love you, Nessa. He loves the power you have." Lucca growled. Nessa stared at Lucca confused.

Power? What power? Nessa had no magic. She wasn't a magician or a metal vessel user.

"What are you talking about, Lucca?"

"Just let me show you," he hissed unsheathing his dagger.

"LUCCA?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lord Sin, I have been informed Miss Nessa has gone to visit the Jeweler," Ja'far stated entering Sinbad's office. Sinbad's body tensed as the news settled, and he slowly set his pen down.

So that was why he had not seen her since that morning?

Why would she be visiting the Jeweler?

"Did she give a reason why?" Sinbad demanded

"No," Ja'far replied calmly. He had never seen Sinbad so upset before. The anger was plain on Sinbad's face.

"Very well. I shall go and retrieve her,"

"Sin, she isn't a possession. You can't just retrieve her. You need to let her come to you." Ja'far scolded. Sinbad glared at his dear friend. Sinbad would do whatever the heck he wanted when Nessa was concerned

Go get her!

The dark voice in his head was angry that she would go back to that scum.

"Cancel anything I have for today," Sinbad ordered before storming out the door and straight to the stables.