thirteen

By the time I wake the next morning, Niall's already left and my small room is empty again. There's three messages on my phone waiting to be read, one from Niall, Rachel and Harry. I crawl back under the covers and into the wamrth before tapping in the password to my phone and reading the awaiting texts. 

From: Niall x

hey, sorry I left without saying goodbye...I didn't want t wake you x

From: Rachel

stayed over at the house last night, assuming you went home with niall. see you later after class xxx

From: Harry

still on for later? :)

I quickly reply to each of the messages before slipping out of bed in a hurry to get ready for my classes. I have philosophy first and mentally pat myself on the back for not drinking last night. A hangover is definitely not what I need right now. 

After showering and getting changed, I tie my hair back into a simple ponytail and grab my bag before heading off to my first of my three classes for the morning. When I reach the philosophy room, I'm five minutes early and only a couple of students are already in their seats. I take a seat at the front of the class and pull out my folder, scrambling for a pen at the bottom of my bag and leaning back into the wooden chair. 

Much to my dismay, Becka walks through the door and after spotting me, and letting her lips grow into a smirk, decides to take the seat directly next to me. 

"Hey Jessica," the blue haired girl says, her tone less than kind. I start to wonder when she decided to dislike me...to begin with Becka seemed genuinely nice. 

"Hi," I mutter and pull out my phone, showing her a small smile before reading the new text from Harry. 

"I heard that you and Harry had quite the falling out last night," she says, leaning across the desk and twirling a strand of her electric hair around her finger. 

"Um, not quite."

"No?" She asks, cocking her head and raising her eyebrows at me sarcastically. "That's what he told me."

What? Why would Harry tell her that?

"He did?" I ask, wiping the frown immediately from my face as Becka grins towards me. 

"When I went outside to talk to him," she nods. "He was so pissed off, Jessica...he wouldn't even let me touch him."

"That's great," I mutter with an unenthusiastic smile, rolling my eyes and opening my folder as our professor walks into the classroom. Ignoring Becka's remarks I focus on the lesson and she thankfully shuts up and doesn't say another word. 

The next two classes drag on slowly, the nerves and excitement of seeing Harry slowing time. It's twelve when I finish physcology and I'm in a hurry to meet Harry. I text the curly haired boy to let him know I'll be five minutes late since it takes several to walk across campus.

He's waiting outside with two drinks held in one hand and his phone in the other when I reach our meeting place, his long fingers almost covering the two cups. 

"Hey," I say with a small smile when he looks up from his phone, flashing me a grin once he shoves the device into his pocket. 

"Hi," he greets and hands me one of the cups. "You usually order a caramel hot chocolate, right?"

"Yes," I nod, thanking him for the drink and mentally noting that he already knows my favourite drink. Harry seems to be slightly wary that he knows and bows his head while he flushes but I decide to say nothing. "Do you want to go back to my dorm? Or did you have anything planned..." I ask.