Neck Things and Vampy Types

"Oh hey, Frank!" My mom hugged me as I walked into her store.

Little did she know that I was just making out with the creative writing teacher in his car moments before. Both of our lips were red. She glanced at Gerard who was standing a few feet away, hands in his pockets. He looked around for a bit and some CD caught his eye. I heard him make a happy sound and say "oh! Bowie!" I smiled at him. My mom pulled me over behind the counter while Gerard looked at the CDs. She looked at him, to me, and then back to him.

"So you spent the night with him?" She asked.

"Yeah," I shrugged.

"Did... did he hurt you?" She whispered.

My smile faded and I went red, "Not like that, Mom! I just snuck over and we watched The Corpse Bride!"

She relaxed, "Okay. Good." She then paused, "I did see you two pull up, though."

So she saw us making out. Great.

She smiled, "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone."

I sighed, relieved, "You're a live saver, Ma."

"Now," she looked over at Gerard who was starting to walk over, "how about you introduce me properly?"

Gerard smiled, looking me up and down and then lifting an eyebrow at us. He held out his hand, "You must be Mrs. Iero! Pleasure to meet you!"

She smiled, "As to you, Mr. Way."

"Gerard," he pleaded, "please call me Gerard."

She nodded, "So I heard you two watched a movie together?"

He nodded, "Yes. Well, Katrina was there, too, but she didn't really count."

"Katrina..?"

"His pet bird, Ma."

She formed an 'o' with her lips. They chatted for a bit, and I was glad that Gerard didn't decide to embarrass me like he had done with my father. Then after a bit, she went to the back room and we chatted, him telling me about how he was most likely going to steal all of over David Bowie CDs and Vinyls. I chuckled, telling him that it helped me more than him. At one point he asked if he could hold my hand as we looked around and I glanced back over to my Mom, who had appeared again, and whispered to him that he could. He laced his fingers with mine and touched the side of his head to mine. I swore I heard a noise come from my mom.

One thing I liked about him, was that he was all about consent. He always asked for a kiss when he wanted one. He always asked to hold my hand. It was cute when he asked because it was always in hushed tones. He was almost always blushing when he asked as well. Now, because of him, I find myself doing the same thing.

"Hey," he whispered, leaning in close, "don't look now, but your mother is staring at us."

"As long as she isn't taking pictures, it's fine."

He laughed quietly. I shuddered because it was low and very close to my ear. He stopped for a moment and saw a smirk crawl onto his face, "Did that- did I just make you shudder?"

"Now is not the time to talk about our sexual fantasies," I whispered to him sternly.

He chuckled, grabbing the CD he had been eyeing the whole time. Still hand in hand, he paid, said goodbye, and headed back out to the car. He let me go eventually, as he had to drive. He put in the disc and he smirked at me, shaking his head.

I scoffed, "What?"

"'Now is not the time to talk about our sexual fantasies.'" He mocked, "And what fantasies would that be, Mr. Iero?"