f o u r

I regret agreeing to come along this excursion with my friends. I'll be the odd one out. Ryan will be with his girlfriend, and Jon's got that little crush on Sarah so obviously he'll spend more time with her. He usually does.

Sarah, Jon, and I were outside the theatre waiting for Ryan and Helena.

"I regret coming here." I admitted bundling up in my tan corduroy jacket.

"Will you stop? We're gonna have fun! I promise." Sarah pleaded shivering. It was cold outside.

Next thing we know, Ryan is walking up to us covered in a coat and scarf and he's.. alone.

"Hey guys!" he smiled as he approached us.

"Hey Ryan! Where's Helena?" of course Sarah had to ask.

His smile dropped. "She she had a family thing tonight. No big deal." Ryan excused with a shrug.

Interesting.

"Well, are we gonna go in or continue to freeze our asses off?" Jon asked with a laugh breaking the silence.

"I like the first idea." Ryan replied, a chuckle appearing. His smile could give us world peace.

"Ok. Let's go! I just bought us tickets for the next showing." Sarah shrugged.

"Hello Brendon." Ryan acknowledged me. I turned red.

"Oh um hi." I stuttered nervously.

He just smiled and walked next to me, Jon and Sarah leading the way.

"You don't talk much do you?" He asked me.

I just shook my head. "I'm not really one for words." That was a lie, usually it takes forever to get me to shut up.

"So, how'd you meet Jon?" He asked me.

"Well, he moved down the street from my house in 5th grade, we started walking to school together, and he's always been in one of my classes so I figured, wow he's pretty cool, I should keep this guy around. Seven years later, he's the best friend I could ask for." I explained and Ryan just looked amazed.

"Not one for words eh?" He smirked mocking me.

I just cleared my throat in response. It's like he wants to me die right here right now.

"And Sarah?"

"She was in my music class 5th grade year. We just clicked. By the end of the year, her, Jon, and I were inseparable."

"Cool."

Next thing I know, we're all in the theatre. Jon on one end, then Sarah, Ryan, and me.

Wonderful.

"So do you do anything with the school other than choir?" he asked. I shook my head.

The lights began to dim around us as he asked that. "Nope, all I am is a singer. But I don't care, it's what I'm best at." I chuckle.

"Shh! Movie's starting." Sarah snapped, and we began watching the movie.

~

Sarah was right. I did have fun. but now it's 2 am and I can't sleep because of the beautiful sounds of my parents yelling at each other.

it's only on the weekends too because that's the only time they're here to do it. The will fight over every little thing. Whether it's a dirty dish or taking too long in the bathroom, they'll find a reason to yell at each other.