s i x

Friends were something I never really had, nor really wanted for that matter.

I was glad to have Jon and Sarah as friends, but sometimes they can be assholes. But all friends can be sometimes.

The following Tuesday after Ryan's second encounter at my house was a pretty normal day, other than the fact Sarah wasn't here.

Nothing serious happened, she was just sick. She always gets sick.

So of course I expected to sit with Jon at our table. But what'll you know. He decided to sit with the baseball team at lunch today. Leaving me alone.

I went to go find our table, after buying a bag of chips and a can of coke, only to see it taken up by the 'musicians' clique. I'd join them but I'm not good enough apparently.

As I see no other vacant tables, my only option is the floor.

I found a spot against the window in between two vending machines. I rested my back against the window and set my stuff against the vending machine to my left.

I sighed. I didn't mind being alone but it's always nice to have friends to talk to.

I grabbed my phone and put my headphones in opening Netflix.

I pop the cap to my coke can, and pull apart the top of the chip bag. I brought my knees up to my chest and set my phone on the slope.

I started 'Stranger Things' and began watching episode 5 while snacking on chips.

This should be a good 30 minutes.

Well I thought until I was interrupted by a presence sitting next to me.

I wondered why somebody was sitting next to me. I didn't bother looking. just ignored the person.

"What're you watching there?" I heard a familiar voice. That voice was Ryan's.

"Oh sorry, didn't realize it was you sitting next to me." I said taking my headphones out. "Um just a show called Stranger Things."

"Oh really? That's cool. I finished it already." Ryan shrugged leaning in closer to the phone.

"Oh nice. I usually don't have time to honestly." I explain. That was a lie. When I'm not doing homework, I've got lots of free time on my hands. It's kind of sad how much free time I actually have.

Ryan and I were quiet for awhile.

"I broke up with Helena."

I choked on my coke.

Ryan looked at me with a face. "You okay?"

"Yeah just a little shocked." I laughed nervously.

"Why? I told you I was probably gonna do it." he asked

"Oh well I just didn't think I'd ever hear you say those words. I honestly don't think anyone expected it." I say speaking quickly.

Well that was partly true. But I couldn't say 'holy shit I just heard my crush say the words I've been waiting to hear from him for 3 years.'

"Do you think I made the right choice?" he asked sounding upset.

"Well are you happy with your decision?"

he was quiet for a moment. "Yes."

I nodded "then you did."

"I finally feel free. Like..like I don't have to ask for her opinion on anything or have to do whatever she tells me-"

"She sounds pretty controlling."

"Well she was just a little bit but it doesn't really matter."

I didn't say anything.

"You mind if I watch with you?" he asked motioning towards my phone.

"Oh not at all." I handed him the left earbud and he slid it in his ear. Once I put mine in, I pressed play and we finished the episode.

~

When I got home that night I immediately skyped Sarah since I haven't talked to her all day (and it was Tuesday, our group skype call days.)

I opened my laptop and started the call.

First, a very sick looking Sarah popped up, then came Jon who was still in his practice clothes.

Sarah waved "how was school today guys?"

I shrugged. "Same as usual. I sat with Ryan at lunch. Alone." I shot Jon a look.

"Brendon, you already yelled at me for this on the ride home. I'm sorry." Jon sighed.

"Awe Jon why'd you leave brenny bear alone?" Sarah pouted.

"The team ordered pizza. I was hungry for pizza." Jon said in defense as if he's had to explain this hundreds of times already.

"Ryan broke up with Helena." I interrupted. Boy Jon and Sarah went silent.

"Oh. How-how do you feel Brendon?" Sarah asked apologetically.

I shrugged. "Fine. let's just hope I can get him to like me and become gay. " I laughed.

"Brendon anyone would go gay for you." Jon remarked.

"You'd go gay for Spencer smith." I mumbled back.

Sarah just did an 'ooo' and Jon gave me a look.

"Enough. I'm over him."

"Didn't seem like it the way you were sitting very close to him at lunch today." I gave a wink followed by a cheeky laugh.

"You're a dick Brendon. I'm going to bed." he snapped.

"Bye Jon." Sarah waved.

"Good night Jon." he nodded and signed off.

"I think I'm out too." Sarah coughed. "My stomach is feeling queazy I might throw up or something. G'night Brendon."

"Night Sarah." And with that, she signed off and I was alone once again.

{A/N: hello again.

so I decided I'm gonna update this book every Saturday at 7:15 (central time.) so that you'll kind of have an idea of when it'll be uploaded :)

also my other ryden story, Talking Lies, will be updated every Wednesday at the same time. so check that out if you haven't already thank you :)

don't forget to smile!

~L <3 }