t h i r t e e n

I'm panicking now.

"Wait h-hold on, what do you mean 'Ryan got hurt' ?" I asked Sarah in an alarmed tone.

Sarah takes a breath as if she needs to catch herself. I clutch her arms tighter. Her breathing slows and she closes her eyes. "He-he was playing and he looked over t-towards the bleachers for some reason," she turns as white as a ghost and begins breathing heavy, "then the ball j-just came out of no where a-and hit him right in the temple. He just blacked out a-and he wasn't getting up, everyone was freaking out and it seems almost like suddenly, you see the red and blue ambulance lights flashing and he's being carried away. It was all so much." She finished.

Sarah took a seat on my bed. She spoke so fast and stumbled over her words a lot like she just got traumatized.

Poor girl.

My heart drops low when she finishes. I sit down next to her and we just look at my floor for a silent few seconds. I break the silence and stand up. "We have to go see him."

"Are we gonna be able to? And how are your parents going to react when their grounded son isn't at home." She crosses her arms at me.

"That doesn't matter." I say in an offended tone, "I can't let them control every aspect of my life. And I can't keep living in fear of them when they're never home and act like shit parents all the time. Don't you think?"

Sarah nods, "You're right. Okay let's go."

~

Sarah was driving us in her moms car to the hospital. We've both both calmed down a bit, but I didn't want to tell her that on the inside, I was dying.

"Oh god I hope he's okay.." I whine and notice my knee bouncing like it's about to take off flying.

"Jon said he'd be there after the game, don't worry." Sarah explained.

"Is he still unconscious?"

"I don't know. I came straight to you when it happened. The game is still going on, but with the backup. I left after the incident. I thought you needed to know." Sarah said poking over to me with a small smile.

I cant smile in a time like this though.

After about a 30 minute drive to the hospital, we arrived.

I rushed to the receptionist, and the red haired lady looked frightened.

"Hi we're here to see a 'Ry-" I remember his real name, "George Ross? Is he here?"

The young girl, Hayley her name tag read, chuckled and looked down at the computer typing something in. i don't know why she was laughing. This is a serious matter.

"Bren, calm down. You're sweating and shaking a lot." Sarah chimes in walking up behind me.

Hayley looked back up to me and informed us "floor 5, room 89B."

We both have a quick nod and I walked as fast as I could to the elevator, Sarah behind me.

We both ended up in the elevator finally and Sarah clicked the button.

i was still shaking and bouncing anxiously.

Sarah looked over to me and gave a small smile, "you really like this kid, huh?"

I looked at her stil anxious, "well i mean i think it's pretty obvious how i feel about Ryan." i gave a sarcastic laugh.

She's bringing this up now?

"Well, you seem really worried about him. and i think it's cute." Sarah adds.

I don't respond. Instead I just look down to my feet and blush.

I hear the faint 'ding' of the elevator as it opens. I look in front of me and there's 3 ways to go. Straight, right, or left.

The hallway in front has a big 'A' with an arrow pointing forward, then to my left is 'B' with an arrow, and then to the right is 'C'.

We follow the hallway that is titled 'B' and continue forward.

Sarah and I look and follow the signs pointing us to the direction of what room to go in.

We saw the sign that said '79-90' and it pointed towards a corner. The two of us turned at the corner and proceeded to look for room 89.

And alas, we found it.

I didn't even knock, just barge in the room rudely, only to see Jon in a chair (and still in his baseball uniform), the doctor next to Ryan, and Ryan himself laying in a bed unconscious.

I slowly walked in, shocked at Ryan's state of being. I swear i began to feel the tears jerk out of my eyes. Looking at someone you love in that state is not something no being should ever go through.

The doctor gave me a side eyes and cleared his throat, "you know, knocking is the polite way to enter a room."

I bashfully look down at my shoes and bite the inside of my cheek, "s-sorry."

"You must be Brendon." The doctor says looking towards me. I nod in response. "Mr. Walker here said to expect you."

"Is it just you here?" i asked looking Jon's direction.

Jon shakes his head, "No Spencer's here too. The game ended a little bit ago and we came after the game but he went to get us both some food." Jon explained motioning toward the empty chair besides him.

"Well, do any of you know the contacts of Ryan's parents?" The doctor asked the room. We all shook heads. He sighed.

"I-i think coach contacted them right after it happened." Jon informs.

"Were they not there with him?" Sarah asked taking the empty seat next to Jon. He shook his head, "no, he said they're on a trip or something. Their anniversary I think."

I sigh and look at Ryan not paying attention to the other conversation in the room. Tubed up and bruised. Especially the big blue mark on his head. Poor guy, he didn't do anything wrong to deserve this pain.

Nothing wrong at all.

{A:N: hello it me.

so oh no Ryan is hurt, poor guy. But don't worry, this is fiction and of course everything works out in fiction stories ¯\__/¯

in personal news, ya girl got a new phone.

it's great.

don't forget to smile :D

~J <3 }