s i x t e e n

"He's doing fine. Breathing levels are normal, as well as his heart rate." The doctor was telling us about Ryan.

My Saturday was spent in the hospital with Jon and Sarah seeing Ryan. I didn't see the point really, it's not like he knows we're here.

But even if he was here with a cold, i'm sure i'd be the first one here with soup and tissues because I care about him that much.

Ryan's parents heard about the accident. They're still on their vacation, but are taking the next flight home to see him. They must be crushed.

"The ball hit him pretty good. But he's gonna live, right? Sarah had to ask. He just got hit in the temple, nothing too serious. Even though i know that, it still strikes fear inside me.

The doctor just gave a little laugh at her question, "there is a very, very slim chance that he will die. The ball, like you said, did hit him pretty hard. But, the strike could have been bad. We'll just have to wait and see. But, I'm about ninety-nine perfect sure your friend will be just fine. The doctor explained making my heart race.

Even though he said a slim chance, that doesn't mean no chance.

I'm sitting in a chair, Jon and Sarah to my right, bouncing my knee and holding my folded hands up to my mouth, listening to what the doctor has to say.

"Well i'm going to leave, try not to stay too long so the nurses can work if they need to." The doctor says bitterly.

Once he leaves, Jon stands up "well, what now? it's-" he checks his phone, "1:30pm. We have a whole Saturday ahead of us. Are we gonna stay in this hospital staring at an unconscious Ryan? Or are we going to do something like the bad bitches we are?" He asks brightening the mood.

Sarah and I both laugh. Jon is like a big brother to me. I have no idea what i'd do without him.

~

Jon, Sarah and I spent the whole day together being the teenagers we are.

But I still couldn't stop thinking about Ryan.

i was sitting at my desk, typing away whatever was on my mind.

I do that when i think too much. I open my notes tab on my laptop and just write whatever comes to mind.

A weird dream comes to mind? Write it in the notes tab. An idea for a movie that'll never get published? Write that shit down.

Strong, distinct feelings for a boy? Definitely mark that down.

I take a look at my current writing.

'Ryan's in the hospital right now. i know he's in good care but, it still makes me nervous. he's become more to me than a crush.. he's a good friend now. i don't know what i'd do without him. he's become part of my routine now like Jon or sarah. he's just.. part of my life now.'

I read it over and sigh shaking my head, pressing the save button and scooting our of my swivel chair.

I dreadfully make my way back to my bed and plop down, only to sleep for the rest of the night.

~

Monday came around and school was weird without Ryan.

I was in my calculus class sitting next to Jon, not even paying attention fully. Probably not paying attention at all. Just scribbling some things in the bottom corner of my notebook.

"Hey, we have a test Friday.. you should probably write this down." Jon whispered to me while writing notes down.

I groan in defeat and start writing down the notes reluctantly.

He's just looking out for me.

The day felt long. Truth is, I missed him. I missed knowing that he was just a couple doors down from me.

Not just laying in a hospital bed with a dozen nurses hovering over his unconscious body.

It wasn't until third period came around, government, that I got called to the principals office.

I arrive there only to see Sarah, Jon, and Spencer already there.

"What's going on?" I asked taking a seat between Jon and Sarah. Sarah took the liberty to squeeze my arm gently as a means of comfort.

"Mr. Urie, we are to understand you and Mr. Ross were good friends, right?" Dr. Roscoe, our principal asks, "according to his parents at least."

His parents? I never even met his parents.

Did he talk about me?

"Yes Ma'am." I respond meekly, looking at the older lady. "I-I like to think we were good friends." i say, my heart beat going up.

"Well we have some news about him that his parents thought you'd' like to hear." she says straightening out some papers looking at the four of us.

And it's at this point, i gulp and feel my heart actually skip a beat.

{A/N: hello it me.

2019 here, i'm looking through this rewrite and i thought i'd clarify

a lot of this stuff doesn't happen (in my experience at least)

it's a bit over dramatic because it's just a silly fanfic for people to enjoy. yes?

yes

oh and i'm just an all around over dramatic person  ¯\__/¯

thanks for being so patient with me kids

don't forget to smile :D

~J <3 }