e l e v e n

"Mom! Please?" I was begging my mom to go to the game this Friday. It was the last game before regionals and I wanted to be there for my friends.

"Brendon I already told you no, don't make me tell you again," My mom snaps, "no, go get ready for school."

I roll my eyes and head upstairs to my room, muttering curses under my breath.

"Do I need to take you?" My mom asks from down the stairs. She hasn't taken me to school since 8th grade year. Why start now?

"No, Jon's on his way." I call coming down the stairs with my backpack around my shoulders, and my vans hanging from my fingers.

I sit down on the couch and slip my shoes on quickly so I can get out.

My mom has been acting different recently and I'm slightly concerned.

I hear the honk of a horn outside my house and that's my queue to leave.

Finally.

"Alright mom, Jon's here bye." I call to her from the living room.

"Alright Brendon. Love you." she adds from the kitchen. I freeze at her words. I can't remember the last time she said she loved me. Why is she acting like a mother all of the sudden.

I shake the alien feeling off and walk out of my house expecting to see Jon's white truck in my driveway, but instead I'm met with a silver Kia Optima. I've seen this car before but I can't remember where.

I nervously walk up to the car as the passenger window rolls down, only to reveal Ryan Ross himself in the drivers seat.

I smile and immediately climb in the passenger seat next to him, "Ryan? What are you doing here?" I ask him with a bright smile on my face.

He shrugs. "Felt bad I didn't see you yesterday. Thought you and I could take a day for ourselves. Just the two of us."

Wait, what?

"Oh.. um okay." I laugh nervously.

"Relax, it'll be fun." Ryan assures me, "It's your senior year. You've gotta loosen up a little bit."

"I've never missed a day of school though." I counter. "And the school will call my parents saying I missed a day."

"And what will they do. Ground you? Just make up an excuse. Plus knowing you bring the goody-two-shows you are, I doubt one little crime will get you a big punishment." Ryan adds as we started to drive off.

Oh Ryan, you have no idea.

"So, what exactly do you have planned for today?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

"I have no idea, all I know is that we're gonna have fun."

I laugh, "Okay then Ryan, I trust you."

I just smiled and stared at my feet hiding my blush.

After a little bit of driving, he drove me to the park and parked.

I looked around to see how empty the space was. Probably because it's 9:15 on a Thursday morning.

There's a man walking his dog, and two ladies jogging on the sidewalk, and an older couple sitting on a bench feeding birds.

It is quite a calming scene to look at.

Ryan grabbed his backpack out of the trunk and gently grabbed my arm.

"Come on, I got breakfast." he said holding up his backpack.

We walked to an empty patch of grass in the center of the area. The park was nice and quiet and nobody bothered us.

It was lovely.

"I'm no chef but I made some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and," he begins pulling a bottle out of his backpack, "I stole wine from my mom but don't tell her." He chuckled putting his finger to his lips.

I smiled and put a little laugh in there as he brought out 2 plastic champagne glasses and poured the white wine.

"You had this all planned out didn't you?" I asked.

"I wanted to treat my best friend."

He called me his best friend. Holy shit.

~

After our little lunch date in the park, we just drove around for a couple of hours jamming to the music letting the car take us wherever.

It was a fun day I might add. I spent the whole day with Ryan doing whatever and it was definitely a day to remember.

We ended our day with going to that same park, but a different spot. It was a cliff that looked off into the lake.

It was absolutely beautiful.

Ryan grabbed a guitar out of his trunk, which shocked me as I didn't know he played.

We sat down at the edge and all I could as was:

"You play?!"

He giggles and nods. "Yeah.. I dabble a little bit. I like to think I can sing too."

"Play me something please."

"As you wish."

He started to strum the guitar and words came out of his mouth like a waterfall of beauty.

He was singing an Italian song which made it even more gracious. A little sexy too I might add.

He soon finished his short song, and all I could do was clap.

"Ryan! That was amazing!" I said with a big smiled hugging him, and he hugged back.

he laughed "Thanks, I can't usually profess my talent to other people."

I look confused, but he explains. "My dad wants my main focus to be baseball, mom wants my dad happy." He explained.

"Is that why they're always yelling at you?" I asked as I lay my head in his lap.

He strokes my hair, "sort of." He said.

"My mom wants me to be a straight A student. My dad just wants me to play baseball. It's hard to keep them both happy and keep my mental health in check you know?"

"Aren't you a straight A student though?"  I ask sitting back up next to him.

"Back in freshman year when everything was easy." I nod in agreement.

"But I don't wanna worry about that right now. Let's just look at the sunset. It's beautiful, isn't it?"

I let out a giggle, "It sure is Ryan."

{A/N: hello it me.

yeah yeah this chapters a day late sorry. I was at a party last night and when my alarm went off to update I was like 'oh shit, I forgot to finish the chapter!'

so that was my Saturday.

ALSO! I have a new book out. it's ryden and it is called 'Smooth Criminal' so please go check that out if you haven't already please and thank you.

don't forget to smile :D

~J <3 }