n i n e

2 am. Saturday night. I can't sleep. I have something on my mind.

Someone on my mind.

'That's it' I thought and got out of bed and put some decent clothes on, and my lavender jacket.

Hopefully. Ryan would be awake at 2:36 in the morning. I mean he had a game tonight so he could be tired. Hopefully he won't mind me stopping by at this time.

I went to the game, but left early since I had so much homework that needed to be done and I wanted to keep my straight A record of course. So after about 20 minutes into the game, I left and walked the mile distance back to my house.

I slipped on my shoes and quietly opened my window to sneak out, being released to the cold air.

"Shit.." I mumble removing my glasses to rub my face, then putting them back on.

I climbed down the drain pipe until my feet planted on the ground.

Now I'm on the sidewalk in front of my house to begin the journey. It shouldn't be too long, just about 15 minutes.

I slipped earbuds into my ears to have music in the background of my walk.

I take breaths. In. Out. Repeat. I can see the icy cloud that forms my breath.

I look at my feet throughout my walk. occasionally looking up at the light polluted sky. Not but one star up in the black. Isolated from the others. Alone.

I stop and I notice something. It stands out. It's the only one of thousands that is showing its luminance.

It seems isolated, not part of the other clusters and clusters and stars. But it's an individual star. The only one people will notice. Not in a group. It's the only one.

Interesting.

Oh look, I'm in front of Ryan's house.

I walk behind his house knowing his bedroom is on the backside. I'm not creepy I swear.

I quietly, but loud enough so he can hear, knock on his window. This is easier because his house is only one story, whereas mine is two stories and you have to climb up a drainpipe.

I wait a minute. Then the window slowly rises only to reveal a shirtless Ryan, who's face turns a bright red when he sees me.

"E-excuse me Brendon." He said with an embarrassed laugh, quickly shutting the curtains.

I leaned against the windowsill waiting for him to come back out.

He opened his curtains back, now wearing a black hoodie, and leaned against the windowsill across from me.

"So, mr. Urie- that's your last name right?". I nod and he smiles.

"So, mr. Urie, what brings you to my fabulous casa?" Ryan asks sarcastically.

"I guess I just had some things on my mind." I shrugged, "I was lonely. Wanted to talk to you. Sorry I missed the last part of your game by the way." I explain shivering from the cold.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." Ryan explained with a wave. "We won, no surprise there." He laughs.

"Okay kid let's not get cocky." I joke and we both laugh.

"Here, let's go somewhere that's not my bedroom window." Ryan said climbing out the window.

"Awe but I felt like we were having a Romeo and Juliet moment." I pout jokingly, and he ruffles my hair.

"Follow me."

I do as told.

I see a bunch of trees sort of like a woods setting.