s e v e n t e e n

they let me, Sarah, Jon, and spencer out early because of the news.

i didn't know about the rest, but i know i was rushing to get to the hospital.

i had to see him for myself.

we arrived at the hospital, and i saw the same receptionist from last time. Hayley i think her name was? never mind her, i needed to see Ryan.

"Brendon, slow down!" Sarah called as i was literally running through the halls of the hospital. it's like something you'd see out of a movie.

i did as she told me too and slowed down, mainly because i was out of breath.

"we'll see him together." Sarah said planting a hand on my shoulder as Jon and Spencer caught up to us.

next thing we know, we're all in front of his closed door. I'm in front taking a deep breath. i turn around to face the other 3.

"y-you guys go in first." i walk to the back of the group, hugging my waist.

i don't know why i'm so nervous.

"okay.. here goes." Jon says being the first to open the door.

i can't see what's going on, but i hear Jon say "Aye! There he is!" in a happy tone, and i can't help but smile.

Sarah's next "Ryan! awe i missed you."

then Spencer goes in, i think he mumbles something but i can't make it out.

now it's my turn, i slowly walk in, and there he is, smiling at my friends. our friends.

now he looks over to me and loses his smile, instead he just gets a shocked face.

i smile at him, he looks so much better.

"oh my god, Brendon." he says and actually gets up to hug me. i don't think he's supposed to do that but he did.

he gives me a tight hug like we haven't seen each other for years, but i savor this hug. it's an amazing hug.

our embrace lasts a little long, until Spencer clears his throat a little which breaks our trance. 

"um, do you mind if me and Brendon have some privacy, i need to talk to him alone." Ryan says apologetically, but i'm getting nervous now, "i promise it won't take long." he puts his charming smile on. god he's good looking.

"oh.. sure. come on guys." Sarah says leading the two boys out.

once me and Ryan are alone, i feel the need to ask "have i done something wrong?"

"on the contrary."

"look, i-i'm sorry i missed your game Friday.. I was grounded and i didn't tell you be-" i begin, but he holds a hand up cutting me off, sitting back down on the bed. I sit in the chair across from him.

"Jon and Sarah told me. you're fine."

i sit quiet so i can let him speak.

"you know, it's crazy being in a coma you know. you're alive, but you're not." he explains and i listen.

he lays on his bed, hands behind head, "you can think, smell, hear. yeah i heard everything." he looks over to me and i turn red.

oh.

{A/N: hello it me.

eh short chapter but whatever. it's getting interesting right?

well there's only like 3-4 chapters left sO. depends if i decide to do an epilogue or not  ¯\__/¯

what do ya'll think?

don't forget to smile :D

~L <3 }