Chapter 1

Copyright ©2012 MandyMuch

All Rights Reserved.

This is the first story I have ever written, so please use caution as you read this. I think I have grown a lot as a writer over the years, and I believe you can see that growth through these chapters.

Note: Please realize that this story is currently NOT edited. I am working on slowly editing the whole story so please DON'T comment on my mistakes. I am aware of them, and I am working to fix them. Please remember that these are my rough drafts so they won't be perfect.

This book is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents, and dialogues are products of the author's imagination and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Chapter 1

Megan slung her backpack onto her shoulder and almost sprinted out of her bedroom. "Zach, don't you dare eat my toast." She called out to her older brother.

Megan walked over to the kitchen and swiftly grabbed the small plate with a piece of toasted bread on it. She brought the buttered up toast to her mouth and bit into its crispiness. Megan looked up and saw her brother eying her incredulously. "You just spent over an hour in the bathroom, and your hair is still up in a ponytail? Seriously, I don't understand girls." Zach informed her with a shake of his head.

She took another bite of her toast and darted her gaze up to the tall brown haired guy who was currently perched up against her kitchen counter. "My hair is still wet from my shower, so I had to put it up, or I would freeze in this weather." She shrugged her shoulder, and internally shivered at the thought of the going out into the cold weather. She should have washed her hair last night as she had planned, but she was so engrossed with her studying that by the time she went to bed it was close to two in the morning and she was too exhausted to even entertain the idea of taking a shower then.

Across from her Zach shook his head and reached for his keys that were resting on the marble counter. "You're just lucky that you have an awesome brother who was willing to wake up early just to pick you up and drive you to your final." Zach looked thoughtful for a second. "I guess I am your chauffeur this morning." He said narrowing his eyes, and Megan couldn't help but laugh. She knew that her brother didn't really mind giving her a ride.

She nodded her head, and smiled brightly at Zach. "I know, you're the best brother in the whole world." She took the last bite of her toast and quickly took a few sips of water. "Now, can we please get going? The sooner I get done with this final, the sooner we can be on our way home."

Zach's brown eyes became warmer as the side of his lip curled up. "Let's go." He said and started towards the front door.

Megan tugged on her scarf, making sure to keep her wet hair away from any part of her exposed neck or shoulders. She grasped her backpack more securely against her as she walked towards the door, bracing herself for the cold.

Just as Megan was about to walk out she heard her best friend's voice call out from the other room. "Good luck Meg! I know you will do great on your final!" Stacy's perky voice came.

Megan smiled at that and turned towards Stacy's bedroom door, knowing very well that her petite friend couldn't see her. "Thanks Stacy!" She called back and walked out of her apartment.

The chilling breeze was almost electrifying in a way. She could feel the cool air hit her nose, and without a doubt she knew that her face would be bright red by the time she got to her final. She quickly spotted Zach's car a few feet away and hurried towards it. She would have run, but the fear of slipping and falling on the snow was far too great.