Chapter 5

Copyright  ©2012 MandyMuch

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 5

            Luca and Megan waved bye to both the ladies and started walking towards Megan’s house. Stacy only lived three doors down, but they lived in a neighborhood where each house had its own gate and a long driveway so the stroll back to Megan’s was longer than ten minutes.

“Ah! We are finally back. And look at all this snow! I think I’m in heaven.” Megan said reaching over and picking up the snow that was resting on the fence. Except for the roads the whole neighborhood was covered with almost eight inches of snow.

Luca laughed quietly, picking up some snow too and slowly rolled it into a ball.

“Luca don’t even think about it,” Meg said, when she finally noticed what he was doing, and tried to get far away from him.

“What? I thought you loved snow.”

“Not when it is being thrown at me!” she said turning to face him, with her eyes smiling.

“Oh your mouth is saying no but I think your eyes are saying yes.” He said swinging the snow ball over at her gently so it landed softly against her shoulder.

“I can’t believe you just did that.” She picked up the snow on the ground and making a ball out of it.

Luca was already closing the distance between them when she chugged the ball at him and it ended up with a ‘thud’ on his chest.

“Ouch, that actually hurt.” He said rubbing his chest. “I think it’s going to bruise.”

“Oh you’ll be fine. Be a man and toughen up.” Megan told him and started walking away smiling to herself.

Luca came up behind her quickly and pressed his cold snow covered hands against her cheeks, making them turn even redder.

Taken by surprise she lost her balance and almost fell, but fortunately Luca grabbed her waist and waited till she regained her balance and slowly let her go.

“You okay?” He asked gently, even as he tried to control his laughter.

She turned to him and punched his arm, “Don’t ever do that again, I almost had a heart attack.” But she was laughing as well.

They finally got to their driveway, “Sorry Megs, but I couldn’t resist.” He smirked as he dusted off the snow from his jacket as they made their way to the huge tan house which was now completely covered in snow.

“Megan, Lucas!” A voice called from the doorway, “Hurry up and come on in.”

Hearing her dad’s voice Megan jogged the last few steps and launched herself at him. Alexander Harrison picked up his lovely daughter and spun her around before setting her back on her feet.

“Hey kitten, I was just about to send a search party out for you two. So how is my favorite daughter?” he asked, as he draped an arm around her neck.

“Sorry dad, we got a little distracted with the snow.” She said looking over at Luca, “But I’m doing well, how are you?”

“I’m great now that all you children are home! Now run along to the kitchen your mom is trying to keep Zach from eating all of her cinnamon rolls.” He told her letting her go.

Luca and Alex watched Megan almost skip towards the kitchen before turning back towards each other.

Alex stretched out his hand and Luca took it, but before he could let go Alex pulled him into a hug and patted his back. Alex was like an uncle to him, growing up he was his second dad.