Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Standing in front of her vanity mirror, Megan debated on the two dresses she held in her hands. One was a white dress with light material that looked angelic. While the other was a dark blue fitted dress that was more sophisticated. She planned on wearing leggings and boots with either dress because it was freezing out and she didn't want to be cold through their date.

Date! She let out a soft squeal of excitement. Even though her nerves were all knotted from her nervousness she managed to find a few little moments of excitement. Before those moments were taken away but the overwhelmed anxiousness.

A gentle knock on her door brought her back to the dilemma at hand.

"Come in Stacy." She called out, without moving from the spot she was in.

"Wow. Which one are you wearing?" Stacy asked her as she took in the tall piles of clothes that lay on Megan's bed. She was impressed that Megan had finally come down to two pieces of clothing, as oppose to the twenty she had in mind an hour ago.

"I don't know, you tell me. The white one or the blue one?" Megan asked turning around from the mirror to face her friend. She held up one dress at a time to her chest as if to show Stacy what it would look like if she wore it.

Stacy took some time taking in the details of each dress, "I think you should go with the blue one. It will not only be warmer because it is thicker but it will fit in more places. The white one is more for a hanging out type of event."

Megan nodded in approval of the choice and threw the white dress onto her bed, adding on to the mountain of clothes that were already there.

While Megan fussed in front of her mirror trying to figure out what kind of hair style she should wear, Stacy squirmed around the room.

"Megs?" she started. Bringing Megan's attention back to her.

"Hmmm?" Megan asked turning towards her, she noticed Stacy playing with invisible lint on her arms and got curious.

"What wrong Stacy?" She asked feeling her nervousness travel to a new level of high. Stacy was the last person on earth who would be fazed by something small, so the fact that she was having a hard time meeting Megan's eyes told her that it must be something big.

"I have to tell you something, but you need to promise to hear me out before you say anything." Stacy started.

Megan nodded and indicated for her to continue.

"Um well over the break something happened that you probably won't like."

Megan remained quiet and waited for her to continue.

"You know that day at the swimming pool? When Zach threw us in?" she paused to see Megan nodding once again and continued. "Well after you left I was still teasing Zach and then I don't know how it happened but we kissed."

Megan's jaw dropped a mile to the floor, and eyes got so wide that she could have been mistaken for an owl.

"You what?!" she asked bewildered. She didn't even know how to react to news like this. Her best friend and her bother? The more she thought about it the more it made sense to her. All that teasing, and name calling they do had to be for something right? She started to analyze ever moment that Stacy and Zach were together trying to find some kind of clues.

"Yea, well that's not all. So after we kissed, we talked about maybe continuing once we got back. I thought he forgot all about it, but then I saw him yesterday and he invited me over to his place tonight. I really want to go but I won't if that's weird for you. I wasn't supposed to tell you, but I can't really hide something like this from you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but I honestly thought he forgot so I saw no reason to. I mean you know what he is like, he moves through girls like we move through chocolate."