Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Zach knocked on the cute snowmen and penguin covered door thirty minutes later and waited for one of the girls to answer the door.

"Hey!" Stacy greeted breathlessly as she pulled the door open, her thick light brown hair fell to one side. She quickly stepped to the side to let the boys into the warm apartment. Once she closed the door she turned to Luca. "Well, where is my hug after long time no see?" She demanded.

Luca turned to the petite girl and stretched his arms to hug her. "How have you been Stacy?" He asked and then pulled back with a chuckle. "Did you grow taller?" He teased. Stacy was barely five foot but what she lacked in height she made up for with her confident personality and fit body.

Stacy punched Luca in the arm "Shut up!" She warned him with a scowl. "I can't help that I'm close to being a midget. Besides men love short feisty women." She announced and then pointed to the bags by the door. "Make yourselves useful and get those." She ordered before sashaying into her room, leaving both boy laughing behind her.

Zach reached down to pick up one of the duffle backs just as Megan walked out of her room.

Megan turned to Luca and gave him a warm smile. "Well hello stranger, did you forget that we mere mortals still exist?" She questioned.

Luca returned her smile and closed the space between them before he captured her in his arms and gave her a tight squeeze.

"I can't breath Luca." Megan cried out with a gasp. Luca laughed at that and gently released his hold on her.

He reached for the bag in Megan's hand. "Did you forget that the phone works both ways?" He asked with smirk.

Megan shook her head and captured her bottom lip with her teeth. "I wouldn't dare bother you. You are always so busy with school, research, sports, tutoring, volunteering and god knows what else." She counted off the list with her fingers. "I'm surprised that you still manage to find time to eat and sleep."

Luca's dark eyebrow shot up. "Who said anything about eating to sleeping? Maybe I'm a vampire that doesn't need sleep, and just feeds on innocent little girls." He added with a deeper smirk.

Megan nodded her head thoughtfully. "Oh, well that explains all the missing girls in my classes." She told him enjoying this teasing conversation.

Luca's lips pulled into an almost smile. "Well I have to survive somehow. You better watch your back, or you might find yourself being my dinner." He joked.

Megan shook her head and turned to pick up her jacket from the floor. She was wearing leggings with boots and a long sweater, but when she bent over Luca got a great view of her behind and nearly groaned.

"I guess I'll just have to stake you in the heart first." Megan told him and watched as Stacy pushed one of her bags into Zach's free hand.

Luca laughed at Megan's comment. "Meg, you are way too sweet to do that. You would probably come and offer yourself just to keep me from dying."

Megan blushed. "I would honestly just keep away from you. The whole vampire deal isn't really my thing."

Luca laughed at Megan's blush and swept his eyes around the apartment. "Do you have everything?" He directed towards Megan and Stacy.

Both girls gave a final look around the room and nodded their heads simultaneously.

"Well then let's get a move on things" Zach said walking out the door with two large bags. Luca followed right behind him with another large duffle bag and a backpack.