Chapter 4

Chapter 4

They pulled into a long driveway that was between tens of evergreen trees covered in snow, and slowly stopped in front of a medium sized house. Even thought it wasn't very big, the house had glass walls on one side and dark brown bricks on the other side; it reminded Zach of a very modern cabin. He got out and helped Ryan with his luggage. As they began to move towards the door, a tall woman with bleached blond hair came out with an apron tied loosely around her waist, following closely behind her were little girls who wore matching pink dresses and green shoes and looked identical to each other.

"Ryan! Honey it's so good to see you my dear!" The women cried and come to give him a hug, and then a kiss on both cheeks.

"Hi, Aunt Wendy thanks for letting me spend the holidays here. I really appreciate it, especially since mom and dad are away this year." He grabbed the luggage that he had previously set down.

"Well of course silly! We are a family, and we always spend the holidays together, why should this year be any different? The girls are so excited to have you with us." She laughed, "They already made plans to show you their new ballet piece so beware." She added in a hushed tone.

"Ryan! Ryan!" two little heads called wrapping their small arms around his legs, so he set down the luggage once more to pick up his four year old cousins.

"Jazzy! Ariel! How are my favorite cousins doing? Heard you wanted to show me something?" he asked giving them both kisses, before setting them down.

"Yea! Wanna see now?"

Everyone laughed at that, "Maybe a little later when I'm all unpacked, kay?" Ryan said.

Aunty Wendy turned to the rest of the students, who were now standing in front of the car. "Ryan told me that he was coming with a big gang so the girls and I made cookies and brownies, so please come in and have some. Or the girls will be upset."

"We mixed em all by ourselves." Jazzy told them.

Luca crouched down to the little girl's height "I would love to eat one, but you have to pick out an extra special one just for me okay?"

The little girl turned red and giggled; "Okay" she said and grabbed Luca's hand dragging him into the house.

"Always the charmer, even four year olds fall in love with him" Zach mumbled before following behind Luca, making Stacy and Megan giggle.

"Uh Mrs. ___" Zach stopped to think of what to call Aunty Wendy.

"Oh please just call me by my first name, Mrs. just makes me feel so" She paused trying to think of an appropriate word, "... so old" she finished.

"Oh, well Wendy you have a really beautiful home here. I'm Zach by the way" he stuck out his hand, before taking a seat on the big black leather couch.

"Zach, my dear thank you. Oh I didn't get the rest of your names." Wendy said suddenly realizing.

"I'm Stacy, it's nice to meet you." Stacy said raising her hand slightly as she took a seat on the huge couch.

"And I'm Megan" The brown eyed beauty said with a smile taking a seat next to Ryan who was on a love seat across from the rest of the gang.

"This is Luca mommy! He said his sister lives in Italy and has a boy my age! Where is Italy mommy?" Jazzy spoke so fast that Wendy had to really concentrate to understand what she was saying. The little girl was sitting on Luca's lap playing with his cell phone.

"Can we go to Italy?" Ariel asked her mother, as she tried to move closer to Luca, which was hard because she was practically already on him.

"Oh really? And well we will have to ask your dad about that when he comes home. Ask nicely and maybe he'll take us there during summer." Wendy said giving Ryan a wink. "Now who is going to help me bring out the cookies, brownies, and milk?" Wendy asked moving towards the kitchen.