Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Megan opened her front door right at six on the dot, to find herself faced with a large bouquet of flowers. Behind the gorgeous orchids, roses, and lilies stood a blue eyed guy. He was dressed in dark wash jeans and a button down blue shirt which made his eyes look almost unnaturally violet.

Ryan extended the bouquet towards Megan, indicating for her to take it.

"Ryan these are so beautiful! But you shouldn't have gone through the trouble." Megan looked down admiring the bouquet in her hands, as she stepped aside to allow Ryan into the house.

Ryan let out a chuckle, "I'm glad you like it. I didn't know what your favorite flower was so I had the lady put together few of the most popular flowers."

Megan set the flowers on the massive table in the foyer and stepped closer to Ryan, who encircled her waist with his cold hands. Megan reached up on her toes and gave him a quick peck on his cheek and looked at him with a small smile.

Ryan laughed at hesitance; he smiled back down at her and brought his lips in contact with hers. When she didn't pull back he deepened the kiss a little more before looking back down at her. He saw her bright red face smiling back at him, as he let her go.

"Orchids" she whispered.

"Huh?"

"My favorite flowers are orchids. I especially like the yellow ones with the purple centers, like the ones you got." She said picking up the flowers again, and gently rubbing the orchid petals. "Thank you."

"You are welcome."

Megan let out a sigh, "You sure you want to do this? We are pretty close to the door if you want to escape."

Ryan laughed, "I'm sure Megs. Come on let's go meet your family." He said, placing a gentle hand on her back as she led the way to the large dining room.

When Ryan was over the last time they ate lunch in a smaller room, this dining room was much larger and had a very formal feel to it. There was a long table with sparkling candle holders placed in the middle a foot apart from each other. The plates and utensils glistened under the light of the extravagant chandelier, which hung from the ceiling above the table.

The room was empty except for Danni who kept coming in and out with dishes. Danni took the flowers from Megan to go put them in a vase.

"Meg honey is Ryan here?" a voice called, from just outside the dining room.

"Yes mom." Megan replied, as Ryan slide his hand into hers. She gave it a gentle squeeze as if to assure him not to worry.

Nat entered the room and took in the boy next to her only daughter. He was handsome, with blond hair and eyes the color of the ocean. He was what people imagined when they thought of an all American boy.

"Ryan, it's so nice to meet you." Nat took the boy in an embrace and then held him at arm's length to get a closer look at him.

Ryan smiled down at the older version of Megan. Natalie Harrison had the same brown hair and eyes as both her children. She had the same kind expression on her face that Megan often wore, and while she was just a little shorter than her daughter, she was also a lot curvier.

"It's nice to meet you too Mrs. Harrison." Ryan said, grateful that the meeting with Megan's mom was going well.

"Please call me Nat." She requested.

"Okay then, it is great to meet you Nat."

"Well come on let's go to the living room, everyone is there waiting for you. We'll come back her a little later for dinner." Nat patted Ryan's back and left the room.