"It's weird how weird kids can be,"

I never thought I can relate to the book Wonder by R.J Palacio.

As ridiculous kids these days can be, I never imagined six graders to be able to a concept of 'dating', and a society like system of groupings like being popular and such.

Blame me for growing up in a small community.

But now I see: it's weird how weird kids can be. I find it morbid. Like I'm watching from another planet through a telescope, a movie. Am I the only one noting this down? How unnecessarily mean they're being?

There's this girl that transfer to our class this year, and it's as if a gear in our clockwork ticked and it's done. We're all just suddenly picking on her, all because we all reckon her as different. My friend says she probably has a mental issue - and she was trying to put it nicely.

Am I the only one here again? Looking through the telescope from another planet, seeing and understanding every bit of details?

They say she's rich. She has a driver to pick her up at school. It's true. She isn't exactly nice, she swore at one of my classmates when she told her multiple times to stop using her phone when we weren't supposed to in class.

I guess the majority of the class was irked by the fact that the teachers take a blind eye to whatever she wasn't supposed to be doing most of the time. We probably feel like she was rubbing it in like it was a priority of her own.

Why do you even care? You offered a suggestion to make her close her laptop to listen to the teacher and learn stuff for once. She didn't listen. So what now? If you truly wanted her to concentrate and learn things then you'd insist - out of kindness and concern. But of course we didn't do that, we insisted out of spite.

All because we're suddenly easily butthurt people taking it as an insult to our egotistic hide.

You people, are always saying 'eff off' as something as average as going to a convenient store to buy a drink, so now why don't you all go and stick that phrase up your own ass and leave her alone?

Within a week, we've stalked down her Instagram account, Musical.ly (didn't even know this existed before this) and went through all her posts, not leaving out even one bit of our criticizing out of it. There was one of her taking a selfie in a bikini, one of her lip syncing to a song while seemingly modeling her way down a corridor.

A girl in my class on the public bus showed me the picture. I'll have to say I expressed my feelings of disapproval, but who wouldn't?

I mean, that's probably what a lot crazy cliche adolescents do these days, anyway.

And as shameful as it is to say, we probably won't be criticizing as much of her social life on the internet so publicly if she was just a little prettier. //facepalms =_____=

Of course, the normal things a brave person would do is to stand up for her. Me? Nah. You have my empathy. As a lot of others say, sympathy just makes it worse so I'll reassure you you'll receive none of that schist from me.

|_・) sweatdrops// Children's innocence sure is a deadly weapon.

Just look at my classmates. Transformed into a social killing machine pulverizing random poor passerby within a day.

//sighs

Minty