Chapter 10: The Principal

I am back again! I am still going crazy about the new movie, so...I think I will have to see it to calm myself down.

=======================================

Aira's POV

When we arrive at the principal's office, the teacher gives us a warning gaze before knocking on the door and opens it.

I look around to find it the exact opposite of how Principal Asano decorated it. The desk and computer and the bookshelves are still there, but at the side there is two coaches and a glass table, and at the other side, on top of the white shelf, there are tea cups and all the things for making tea and coffee.

Looking towards the windows, the back of a man greets us, and for some reason, I shiver in slight fear. This room looks warm and bright, but there is an iciness in the place and from the man.

He turns around, and I can't stop myself from gasping at his eyes. The right one is a sky blue color while the left is golden.

"So this is Murasakino Aira and Shimizu Yui?" He asks, smiling warmly, but behind the warmth is a chilling cold.

The teacher swallowed fearfully and nods. "Good. You can leave." He continues, and the teacher immediately walks away, closing the door behind him.

The principal looks at us with his gaze, and I can feel Yui shaking beside me and looking down, but I look back at him, narrowing my eyes.

He seems a bit amused at how easily I can look back at him, but there's no surprise. "So Shimizu Yui...do you mind telling me why did you start the fight?" He wonders, his gaze moving back to Yui.

She gulps, but when she looks at me, I just smirk coldly, causing her become furious and jealous again. "Why I started the fight!? Principal Hosino, this slut took away my boyfriend and—"

"Since when am I your boyfriend?"

Third Person's POV

Hearing Karma's voice from the doorway, the three of them immediately look towards him.

He is leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed in front of his chest with a dark look on his face. Straightening up, he walks over to Yui, smirking coldly. "Answer me, Shimizu."

Tears start to shine in her eyes, her legs shaking with fear and sadness. Suddenly feeling bad for her, Aira sighs, wanting to stop him from talking anymore. After all, knowing that her crush hates her, the sadness is overwhelming.

"Karma, you can stop playing now." The Principal—or Hosino—smiles, sitting down.

Karma straightens, sighing, "Principal Hosino, I am helping you over here. After all, you don't want to see your dear nephew become a lunatic's boyfriend, right?"

"I know, but—"

"Both of you, just stop for a second. Karma-kun, what do you mean, nephew!?" Aira exclaims, cutting into their conversation.

Karma opens his mouth to explain, but after giving Yui a gaze, he picks her up by the collar and throws her out of the room, slamming the door close.

"Karma, you just don't know how to treat women do you?" Principal Hosino sighs, but the red head just shrugs, sitting onto the sofa. "Aira-san, let me introduce myself again. I am this school's principal, and at the same time, Karma's uncle." He said, the smile still on his face, but it isn't cold anymore. Instead, there's a real warmth to it.

"So that is why you said the principal is no fun." She mumbles, tilting her head to the side. "Karma-kun, tell me all his secrets, okay? I need them for blackmail."

Principal Hosino sighs. "Aira-san, just so you know, if you want to know my secrets, just ask."

Karma immediately frowns, standing up and pulls Aira behind him, replying for her rudely, "We are going back to class." Then he pushes her out, ignoring her protests.

When the two of them left, the warmth in Principal Hosino's eyes disappears, and he takes out his phone, waiting for it to get through before saying, "She believed me. After a few more days, the plan should be able to proceed."

*****

Pulling Aira all the way out of the office and up the stairs, Karma pushes open the door to the rooftop, letting her go in first before slamming the door behind them, anger burning inside of him.

Seriously, that guy is almost 40 years old, and yet he is flirting with Aira. If he isn't his uncle, he would probably have bruised ribs and a broken nose already.

"Karma-kun, are you jealous of the Principal?" Aira asks, tilting her head to the side in confusion.

His heart clenches slightly at how cute she looks and his hand reaches up, but immediately stop himself, putting his hand behind my back and clenches it into a fist.

"Karma-kun?" She asks again, waving her hand back and forth in front of his eyes.

Gently grabbing her hand, Karma suddenly smirks and pulls her towards himself, whispering into her ear, "I am very jealous. Very, very jealous." When he sees the slight shock on her face, he immediately takes the chance and put a light kiss onto her neck.

She quickly pulls away, blushing in embarrassment. "Can you stop doing that!?" She exclaims, crossing her arms.

If only she knew how tempting her behaviour is, she might go back to the way she was before: cold and emotionless.

Feeling something stab his heart, he finally cannot stop himself from pulling her back into his arms. "Don't leave me again, Aira-chan. I can't lose you again." He mumbles, breathing in her scent.

Aira's POV

I stop struggling and tears bounce into my eyes as I slowly hug him back. I can feel his body shaking in my arms, and the feeling to just pull back and comfort him by kissing is driving my mind crazy.

But I quickly erase the thought from my mind, whispering, "Don't worry, I won't leave anymore. I..."

I promise.

However, the words are stuck in my throat.

"Remember to bring something back for us!"

"I promise."

The short memory hits me, and the tears finally slide down my cheeks. The one who said that is Kayano, and yet, what I brought back was sorrow.

"You are safe now, Aira. I will protect you." Karma whispers, hugging me tighter. The short yet sweet words make me know that he already knows why I am crying.

"Arigatō, Karma, arigatō." I sobs, buring my face into his chest.

Arigatō for staying with me, and for making me feel loved again.

=======================================

So can anyone guess who Principal Hosino really is? If you have clearly read the marriage special from book one, you should be able to see a tiny detail.

Just a hint: see who the guests are again.