Chapter 21-1: Awaken

Last chappy here...sorry it took half a month to give you this, but I have to finish a one-shot first before giving you guys this. All I can say about this is that you might cry again, but not that much this time.

=====================================

Third Person's POV

Inside the hospital, the E Class is waiting anxiously outside the hospital room.

The door slides open and Aira's grandmother comes out, rubbing her forehead. "Is she okay?" Kayano exclaims, rushing over to her.

She takes a look at her black hair before sighing, "They had hair like yours. You can just call me grandmother, Akari."

"I will, but can you tell me is Aira-chan going to be okay!?" Kayano exclaims, shaking her slightly.

"She is fine. Physically. When Ketsuki died...well, basically she is in a coma." She explains, looking at the red haired boy who hasn't talked once.

Everyone can immediately feel their hope going away, and she continues, "Because of her trauma from Ketsuki's death and the amount of people she has killed, the chances of her waking up are small. The doctor told me the best thing to do is to take away the life support machine and—"

"They can't. If they do, I will make them regret." Karma cuts in, looking up.

A small smile comes on her face as she looks at the boy's eyes before asking, "Then you will still stay with her?"

"Obviously. After all, there's still a chance for her to wake up, right? I am sure she will wake up no matter how long it takes." He smirks confidently, standing up and walks over to the door.

However, no matter how hard he tries to hide it, his hands are shaking slightly as he reaches up, holding the door handle.

Because for the first time, his courage disappears.

He is scared. Scared of seeing Aira on the bed, scared of seeing her unconscious.

Scared of the possibility of her death.

"K-karma-kun, I assure you, I didn't come. I only came today."

...

"I killed mother. I killed her..."

...

"Arigatō, min'na, for the best few months I have ever had."

...

"I don't think I can kill him, much less cut his tentacles."

...

"Please, just trust me."

...

"Arigatō for everything."

...

"I love you, Karma."

Remembering the fragments of his memories of Aira, he takes in a deep breath, mumbling to himself, "I can do it."

And then, he opens the door.

Karma's POV

What I see is what I expected, but even knowing that I am ready to see her...

Aira is lying on the bed, and will look as if she is sleeping if there aren't catheters and an IV drop next to her, a monitor beeping evenly on the other side.