8

"What do you want?" I try to sound brave, but my voice is shaky, and I feel like I'm going to fall.

"You still haven't paid for what you did last time." Gamzee sounds calm, but threatening. His face paint is messy, and he's close enough I can smell bad disgusting he is.

"Get away from me. I have nothing to do with you."

I start thinking about that one night.
He had been acting really weird, more than usual. Then he completely lost it, and attacked me. He almost killed me.

He smiles, but it's not a kind smile. I panic and try to slam the door shut. He forces it open, and pushes me down onto the ground. He knocks me into the table, which sends stuff everywhere. Broken glass cuts into my skin, and I stab him in the hand with a particularly large piece of glass.

While he pulls the glass out of his hand, I run upstairs, locking the door behind me. He's dangerous, but I'm fast.

I call Nepeta. She knows how to help.

"Nepeta. Please. Gamzee is here, I'm stuck in my room. Call Sollux, call the police, just do whatever you can. Please."

"Okay. I'll be there soon." She sounds panicked, almost as much as me.

I grab the most dangerous thing I can find. Okay, the strongest thing I have is a big, metal stick thing. I don't even know why it's here, it's always just been here in my room.

He's beating on the door, and it gets louder every minute. I could climb out the window, but I'm on the second floor and there's no ladder or anything to climb down.

I decide to jump.

Opening the window, I quickly tuck my weapon under my arm and jump down. Narrowly avoiding a tree branch, I hit the ground with a loud thud. I see Nepeta running down the path, and I head towards her. As soon as she sees me, she starts looking me over, checking for injuries.

"Nepeta. I'm fine, but I did jump out a window. Gamzee is inside, but I think he knows where we are."

Before we can say anything else, the paint covered maniac bursts out the front door, and hits me with something. I hit him with my metal stick, but he grabs my hand and grabs my neck.

"I'm gonna finish this, here and now. I'm gonna watch you stop breathing, and I'm gonna enjoy every. Last. Second."

My vision goes blurry, when I suddenly manage to breathe again. I see him on the ground, and Nepeta scratched his face with her with claw gloves.

She scratches him again, this time on the arm.

"DONT YOU EVER TOUCH HER AGAIN OR I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!" She screeches. A bunch of people are watching us now, but I feel dizzy, like I'm going to pass out.

The last thing I see is Nepeta kicking him and a flash of yellow before I fall to the ground.

~One hour later~

I wake up, and I hear two familiar voices, plus some other ones that aren't as familiar.

"Sollux? What happened?" I ask. I'm laying in his lap, and Nepeta is near us.

"Oh, you finally woke up!" He hugs me, and I see that his face was white, instead of its usual color.

"Yay, your girlfriend is awake. I'm really happy for you." And that would be Karkat.

"Go away you stale price of bread, I'm not his girlfriend." I glare at him.

He puts his middle finger up, and walks off. He's a jerk.

"Well, Karkat seems happy today." I say, smiling.

"I'm just glad you're okay."

I wrap my arms around him, and I can feel him shaking.
I feel a drop of water on my neck, but it's Sollux crying.

"I... I was so scared. You wouldn't wake up, and you were covered in blood. I though that... That maybe you were... I can't imagine losing you."

"Don't worry, bee boy. I won't leave you." I whisper in his ear, trying to calm him down.

"So, where is Gamzee now?" I need to know what happened to him. And to make sure he didn't escape.

"The police took care of him, but a bunch of them got hurt in the process. He was determined to get at you, so I carried you here, where he couldn't get you."

"Thank you." I whisper. I really want to hold onto him like this forever. He was usually a sassy, stupid, slightly obnoxious nerd. But right now, he seemed so vulnerable. Almost like a scared child.

I realize that I've been holding onto him that whole time, and Nepeta seems extremely happy about this. I don't care, let her be happy.

I sit up so that I'm sitting right in front of Sollux, and I see that his face is a light pink. He looked cute, other than the tears rolling down his face.

I have a few shallow cuts on my arms and face, plus a big, bloody mark on one of my legs. My shirt has red pools soaked into it, and it could probably pass as paint. If half the neighborhood hadn't been standing there watching me bleed the pools into existence.

Looking around, I see that Karkat and Nepeta are talking, and Karkat doesn't seem too angry, for once. Kanaya and Rose are nearby, talking to my neighbor, John. There's a few more people that I don't know, including a guy in a wheelchair.

I stand up, holding onto Sollux for support. My leg hurts, so it's hard to walk.

"Sollux, will you get me some water?" I ask, sitting back down.

It was nice to watch the people, for whatever reason. Even if they seemed a little bit freaked out, at least Sollux and Nepeta were here.
They made me feel much better.