16

This is it. This is the day I finally see my family again, after three years of hiding from them and hoping I never have to speak to them.

This is also probably the day I die.

No I shouldn't think like that. I'm going to be fine... Hopefully.

I pull myself out of bed, then make sure the (F/C) blanket isn't messed up. Knowing my mother, she'll probably search my room for any details she can use to make me feel like a pig who never keeps anything clean.

I walk downstairs, and look out the window. The ground outside still doesn't look like the snow covered, beautiful wonderland you would imagine, but there's a few patches of clean snow here and there.

"Okay. It's seven thirty right now. Sollux and Nepeta should be here by nine, which gives me two and a half hours to get ready. Then my family should be here by eleven thirty, maybe? I think that's right. My parents still live pretty far away, so it takes a while to get here." I write it all down, then run back upstairs to the bathroom.

I take a shower, then spend about ten minutes making sure my hair is dry and looks perfect. My mother will probably hold me down and do my hair herself if I don't make it look good.

I choose an (F/C) dress to wear, which is actually pretty cute. I don't like wearing dresses, but I don't want to have my mother saying that I should try to be more like my sister.

"Oh! I only have like twenty minutes before Sollux and Nepeta are here!" I run down the stairs, then to the kitchen. I have to be careful when I eat, I can't make a mess.

"(Y/N)! Are you ready to spend today trying not to kill someone?" Nepeta runs into my house, as usual.

"I'm never ready for my family." I say, still eating the toast I made.

"But at least your boyfriend will be here!" She says, sitting down on the couch next to me.

"He's only my boyfriend for today. We're still only friends, nothing more." I put a hand on her shoulder, forcing her to stop bouncing up and down. I didn't expect her to be so excited today, I thought she would be upset because of how much she hates my sister.

I take a look at my cat loving friend, and see that she's actually dressed okay. She has an olive green shirt and a black skirt, plus she's still wearing her hat.

"Wait what? I didn't expect you to be wearing a dress!" She pulls the bottom of the dress down, stretching it down below my knees.

"This is my mother who you're going to meet. She's like my sister, but a lot uglier and doesn't hide it when she hates you." I sigh at the thought of my mother. I remember how she looks. She always wears facy clothes, and a big, brown hat. I liked her hat, just not on her head. I remember her face, too. She always had makeup that was always slightly off, and her eyes were a gray/blue color. Her nose looked too small for her face, and her head looked too big for her skinny body.

"Okay, right. But what about your dad? Is he okay? You did say he was nice." Nepeta pulls a peice off of my toast and eats it, causing me to smack her hand away.

"Yeah. He's much better than my mother." My father was nice, but he didn't look the best. He had much darker skin than my mother. He was also a bit fat, which made him look strange. Tall and fat doesn't really work well for him. He also had eyes just like mine, but they always seemed a bit dull.

"Can I come in?" I hear someone say. It's obviously not my family, they would just walk in and start talking about how terrible it was for me to leave without telling them.

"Yes, Sollux. If the door is open and we're inside, you can come in." Nepeta giggles. I turn around quickly, and I when I see him my heart almost starts beating out of my chest.